Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mossy Rock  (Read 1199 times)

SAMurray

Mossy Rock
« on: March 04, 2012, 05:31:38 pm »

I'm not sure if this photo work's too well, I'm really not used to composing for square format.

I did like this rock though.

Last of the Sun by ScottAMurray, on Flickr

Enda Cavanagh

• http://www.endacavanagh.com
Re: Mossy Rock
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 12:12:05 pm »

Nice image. It's a very well balance shot. The square format works perfectly. The triangulated form of the river works well to counteract the diagonal of the riverbank. The wind swept tree works well as do the location of the rock and I like the pattern of the flattened great. Plus great light.

A few things I would say against it and it's easily fixed are, the colors of the setting/rising sun look really saturated. I'd desaturate it a bit and I agree with the son of Abraham that the lichen look too orange. It is possible that the saturated colors are after uploading it to the web so if your original looks fine don't change it :) You could just desaturate the image for the web to get it close to what the source file should be.

All in all well done

sdwilsonsct

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 12:59:16 pm »

Nice image. It's a very well balance shot.... the colors of the setting/rising sun look really saturated. I'd desaturate it a bit

+1.
Scott

SAMurray

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 08:46:45 am »

Hmm yeah, i think i may of ran the dodge brush over the lichen a bit too much i notice the problem with the saturation now.
I seem to be a bit hasty when it comes to processing my images and i tend to rush in to it when i get the shot home and not really think through it too much.
I still have the original in a lyered Tiff file so I'll try to dial down the saturation a bit as it was almost unbeliavably colourfull that night and upload a version when i get home from work.

Thanks for the comments, it helps me fine tune images a bit more when getting feedback like this :).
Pages: [1]   Go Up