Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tuscany November 2011  (Read 13079 times)

dreed

Re: Tuscany November 2011
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2012, 01:00:32 am »

Probably and not a bad idea (and will try one day as I had not thought about it), but this year very impractical since it has rained so much that walking into the fields means that my boots gets 5 times as heavy with all the clay that sticks to them ;). The Tuscan soil is really sticky. When I was there in November it was dry and we could into the fields whch was fantastic since you could get many more viewpoints and really exploit the shapes much better than now. When it is wet one is really limited to the roads.

Given that you're talking about walking over fields, what are the access rights for photographers there?
Are the fields not private property or is the attitude different such that you're not likely to be confronted with an angry farmer wielding a shotgun?

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2012, 01:26:26 am »

Some great work - thanks for sharing them!

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2012, 02:29:42 am »

Given that you're talking about walking over fields, what are the access rights for photographers there?
Are the fields not private property or is the attitude different such that you're not likely to be confronted with an angry farmer wielding a shotgun?

This is not the US :) The only time I have seen somebody with a shotgun was in November when they are hunting the deer that are so often seen in the fields. I would not walk into the fields when I would destroy crop, only really in November when the fields are readied for the crop of the next year and it is dry. Then it is possible to walk into the fields with no problem and I never see a farmer, actually and if I did, I'm sure he would just friendly say hello and smile. People here in Italy are so friendly and helpful and they understand that you have a passion to go an capture some of the beauty of their country.

dimapant

• NITAL - nikonphotographer
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2012, 10:08:25 am »

I am from Lucca, Tuscany, also a landscape photographer.

You can go freely in the fields, just have your boots if come now as we got a lot of rain, the owners have nothing against their fields beig shot!.

Also very interesting area for photography is the area in Orciano, Santa Luce and Pieve di Santa Luce, north of Val d'Orcia, just on the Est of Pisa, right in the back of Pisa, watching from the sea.

Lucca itself is a very nice town for pictures.

I will post some pictures taken on Orciano and Santa Luce, if...am able to post a picture, neved did before in the forum!

Best regards.

Alessandro Pollastrini

francois

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2012, 11:20:07 am »

I am from Lucca, Tuscany, also a landscape photographer.

You can go freely in the fields, just have your boots if come now as we got a lot of rain, the owners have nothing against their fields beig shot!.

Also very interesting area for photography is the area in Orciano, Santa Luce and Pieve di Santa Luce, north of Val d'Orcia, just on the Est of Pisa, right in the back of Pisa, watching from the sea.

Lucca itself is a very nice town for pictures.

I will post some pictures taken on Orciano and Santa Luce, if...am able to post a picture, neved did before in the forum!

Best regards.

Alessandro Pollastrini

Alessandro,
I'm looking forward to your photos…
Posting isn't difficult at all.
Francois

dimapant

• NITAL - nikonphotographer
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2012, 03:20:45 pm »

Very nice pictures!

Compliments!

Alessandro

jimbo007be

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2012, 06:32:38 am »

WOW !

great shots !
Going to Tuscany in 2 months now ... really hope I will be able to make such photos ! :)

Thanks again for sharing

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2012, 06:41:44 am »

WOW !

great shots !
Going to Tuscany in 2 months now ... really hope I will be able to make such photos ! :)

Thanks again for sharing

I'm back home again after almost two weeks in Tuscany. Here are some examples of how the fog can really play when one is lucky enough to experience this

francois

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2012, 09:30:37 am »

Congrats Hans,
I've always thought that landscape like this is even more dramatic with fog.
Francois
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up