Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to import AVCHD2 (1080p/50) into Final Cut Pro X?  (Read 2937 times)

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
How to import AVCHD2 (1080p/50) into Final Cut Pro X?
« on: March 04, 2012, 04:17:07 am »

Hi,

I s there a decent way to import AVCHD2 (1080p/50) into Final Cut Pro X?

I have used "clipwrap" to change the container and that left the file in 1080p/50.

Best regards
Erik
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 05:06:19 am by ErikKaffehr »
Erik Kaffehr

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
Re: How to import AVCHD2 (1080p/50) into Final Cut Pro X?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 08:09:30 am »

You want it on a 25p timeline?

in FCP I would use CinemaTools to 'conform' to 25p

S
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

bcooter

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 01:01:23 pm »

Why not just edit in 50?

You can always cut it down to 24p if you so desire once you've completed your edit.

I routinely shoot at 30p mostly because with graphics and moving still images we get less jerk and studder, then if I really need to go to that 24p look I just transcode the final edit.

I find going down in frame rate isn't a problem, going up is where the issues come from.

IMO

BC

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 04:35:08 pm »

Hi,

With "Clipwrap" I could read the "MTS" files at 50p, exactly what I wanted, but didn't find a way to import MTS (shot at 1080p/50) without rewrapping.

Best regards
Erik

Why not just edit in 50?

You can always cut it down to 24p if you so desire once you've completed your edit.

I routinely shoot at 30p mostly because with graphics and moving still images we get less jerk and studder, then if I really need to go to that 24p look I just transcode the final edit.

I find going down in frame rate isn't a problem, going up is where the issues come from.

IMO

BC

Erik Kaffehr

fredjeang

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 05:32:05 pm »

Did you put in your project folder all the folders that comes with the recording and not just the movie files?
In case not, you may try that.

(the all AVCHD folder and sub-folders.)

Normally you should be able to read the MTS files without rewrapping but when they are located within the entire AVCHD folder. Something similar happens in Avid.(previous of 6).

Premiere and Edius would just read directly the MTS file alone but not FCPX (that I know, please correct me if this is wrong) nor Media Composer pre-6, they need the all folder structure.

So instead of bringing individuals MTS clips, you'd need to have your AVCHD organised copied in your project.

I generally do folders that correspond to my cards numbers.
I name them "1", "2" etc... in "1" I put the entire AVCHD folder recorded in card 1, in "2" the entire AVCHD folder from the card 2 etc...
As it's always the same folder name created by the camera each time it records, AVCHD, you need to find a way to not overwrite.

nota: I don't currently edit with FCPX, so the solution I'm pointing here may or may not be the right one, but it's a solution to try anyway because it's a common case.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 06:27:14 pm by fredjeang »
Pages: [1]   Go Up