Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recent Night Shot "lone tree"  (Read 1983 times)

brycej

Recent Night Shot "lone tree"
« on: March 04, 2012, 02:53:26 am »

This is my first post on the forum. Looking for some feedback or critique.
  Thanks

Hopefully this image link works
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 02:56:49 am by brycej »

shutterpup

Re: Recent Night Shot "lone tree"
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 02:43:37 pm »

Bryce,
Welcome to User Critiques.

Love the sky in this one. I just wish it didn't look as though the tree is spouting; I find that disturbing somehow.

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 08:53:03 am »

Welcome aboard Bryce,

I like it, there is something about the stark graphic nature of the shot that appeals to me. The image has good composition, very nice light and exposure, as well as interesting use of subject matter.

Dave

brycej

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 12:07:33 pm »

Thank you for the welcome and the comments. I am assuming the 'spouting" is referring to the way the cloud blur looks like it is generated from the tree as if it was a garden hose?  I thought that was interesting how that occurred. I am on the fence with if I liked that or not.

brycej

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 12:11:50 pm »

Welcome aboard Bryce,

I like it, there is something about the stark graphic nature of the shot that appeals to me. The image has good composition, very nice light and exposure, as well as interesting use of subject matter.

Dave

Thanks Dave!   I appreciate your instructors point of view on the technical aspects.  Now how do I find a little extra money for a plane ticket to Scotland for some shots?

brycej

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 04:28:17 pm »

Self portrait using a rock as a tripod and holding the track stand waiting for the 20 second timer release. It was fun and allowed me to rest for a technical section I am usually to gassed to get through clean, but styled it today.

shutterpup

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 04:34:04 pm »

Self portrait using a rock as a tripod and holding the track stand waiting for the 20 second timer release. It was fun and allowed me to rest for a technical section I am usually to gassed to get through clean, but styled it today.

Love this one!

John E

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 04:49:21 pm »

Nice photo (referring to the second one - albeit a bit overprocessed, perhaps), but I'm nore impressed with the 20 second track stand. Dude, you da' man!

A bit off topic, but I never quite learned to track stand at traffic lights in a standing position (which my buddies alleged was easier), as I taught myself how to do stands while seated. Course, in your case, if you had fallen there was nobody there to razz you about it. And, it's quite a bit more painful to fall on asphalt than dirt (yes, I've done both  :D).

John

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 05:22:31 am »

Thanks Dave!   I appreciate your instructors point of view on the technical aspects.  Now how do I find a little extra money for a plane ticket to Scotland for some shots?

Well I am sorry bryce I can't really help you with the cost of the flight, but I can sure help once you get here.

all the best

Dave

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2012, 11:06:01 pm »

Nicely done!  I applaud your balancing abilities as well.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t
Pages: [1]   Go Up