Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A clichè?  (Read 1487 times)

FredrickFjeldsbo

A clichè?
« on: March 03, 2012, 10:27:15 am »

This photograph was made last year. It had been a rainy day and I had little hopes of anything good to come from it. I captured this image, which I consider to be a bit of a clichè.

A Memory of Summer by Fredrick Fjeldsbø Photography, on Flickr

sdwilsonsct

Re: A clichè?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 03:34:07 pm »

Hi Fredrick,
I don't think it's a cliche. We can never have too many views across lake-speckled landscapes from high places.
On the other hand, I would process this in a way to achieve a more natural play of light. For example, some trees are lit, others brightly lit and some are dark. The brightness in front of and behind the middle hill seems a little arbitrary.
That's my 2 cents worth, but there will be lots of people who like your more dramatic approach.
Scott

stpf8

• Stephen Penland Photography
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 04:32:08 pm »

It will be a sad day when we pass up a beautiful photograph because we think it is a cliche.  I don't have one like this, and I'd love it if it were on my website.  Great light, great composition, wonderful photograph.
Stephen Penland
www.stephenpenland.com

AJMorris

• Nature's Light and Magic
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 07:20:36 pm »

I think the only photographs that are cliche are those that are really not photographs at all but snapshots. the typical taken on the side of the road next to a sign etc. If youve taken the time and care to make a good exposure with good composition i believe that exempts you even though there may be many photos similar, no two are exactly alike. Your unique vision is displayed in your work. How could that be cliche?
"Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the Earth are never alone or weary of life" - Rachel Carson
www.NaturesLightandMagic.com

Walt Roycraft

• roycraftart
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 07:20:57 pm »

I agree with Stephen.

And Stephen, I could say the same for most of your shots on your website.
Beautiful work!
Walter Roycraft
http://www.roycraftart.c
Pages: [1]   Go Up