Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FS: Ricoh GR1v  (Read 1786 times)

heed

FS: Ricoh GR1v
« on: February 27, 2012, 10:41:12 pm »

If you already know about the GR1v, then there's nothing more I need to tell you. It is every bit as amazing as the "cultists" claim. They are almost never for sale, because everyone who has one still wants it.  Unfortunately, I need to part with mine to fund some other priorities.

I went to Angkor back in 2002 (during the brief pseudo-war with Thailand) with only the following: this camera (w/ hood, case, etc.), my polarizer, a warming filter, and a bag of Provia and came away with some of the most amazing shots of my life. The small size, rugged construction, advanced features, and reliability make this the ultimate expedition camera.  I love it for street photography as well!

My favorite features:
High quality, fast (2.8), fixed wide lens (28mm)
Tiny, magnesium casing
Aperature-priority, exposure compensation
"Snap" mode - pre-focused at 1 or 2 meters for great street photography
Prewinds the film - useful for accidental opening of the back but also you can make it rewind while leaving the leader out...brilliant!

You can google for more details, one of my favorite opinions on this is on this page.

Mine is in excellent condition (EX-). There is practically no wear marks on the camera. I add the minus because I have two tiny dots of nail polish on the bottom to make sure I can identify it if ever stolen (there, now you all know my secret). I had it CLA'd along with the prism and rear button assembly replaced by CRIS about a month ago (there was some darkening of the prism and viewfinder). CRIS supplies their own 6 month warranty on repairs.

Here are some pics on my flickr account.

The LCD works flawlessly. No fading segments, no broken segments, no problems whatsoever. There are very few of these that you can say that about.

I'm including the original box, instructions, warranty card, hood, hood bag, several filters (polarizer, UV, etc.), filter ring adapter (VERY hard to find!), and aftermarket neoprene slipcase.

Price is $595 net paypalled or amazon payments to me, CONUS shipping included. You won't find another one in this condition for this price!

Thanks!

heed

Re: FS: Ricoh GR1v
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 08:57:47 pm »

Still available...

heed

Re: FS: Ricoh GR1v
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 08:38:02 pm »

Sale pending on another forum..
Pages: [1]   Go Up