Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nikon 200-400zoom tele--too much ---alternatives  (Read 10255 times)

Colorado David

Re: Nikon 200-400zoom tele--too much ---alternatives
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2012, 12:27:10 pm »

First of all, my sincere apologies to the OP for hijacking your topic.

Is that park laced with bike trails?  Is there an area where one could hope to photograph turkeys in full strut and be able to exclude the hard surfaced bike path?  Thanks.  South Florida would be a bit of a haul for me just to photograph turkeys, but if I was nearby on other business, it could be worth adding a day to go to this park.

kitalight

Re: Nikon 200-400zoom tele--too much ---alternatives
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2012, 01:37:58 pm »

First of all, my sincere apologies to the OP for hijacking your topic.

Is that park laced with bike trails?  Is there an area where one could hope to photograph turkeys in full strut and be able to exclude the hard surfaced bike path?  Thanks.  South Florida would be a bit of a haul for me just to photograph turkeys, but if I was nearby on other business, it could be worth adding a day to go to this park.

Here's the website for Riverbend Park...
http://pbcgov.com/parks/riverbend/trailshikingbicycling.htm

MOST of the 10 miles of bike trails are dirt/compacted shell ...this bit of hardpan was the least of my ride...and had it not been for the rain that came just at that moment I'd have taken more time to get the toms on dirt/grass....but it is what it is and I got what I got...

This rafter of turkeys are a family of about 20 that roam the park, not always found in the same area....I bike for 2 hours each week and somedays I get lucky and spot them, and some days not....
....same goes for the 5 deer that roam the park...I don't see them each time I go....

100% crop with my 200mm F4 MF Nikkor-AIS (off a Canon 40D)

....there are couple of peacocks and a few peahens on the other hand that hang around the parking lot...!

It's a nice park I drive 30 minutes to so I can bike away from condos and traffic....
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 01:40:04 pm by kitalight »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up