Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Off the Beaten Track in Western USA and New Zealand  (Read 1437 times)

PhotoEcosse

Off the Beaten Track in Western USA and New Zealand
« on: February 26, 2012, 11:34:54 am »

Having just finalised my next two major photographic excursions, I am looking for suggestions for less well-known photographic subjects.

I have done both trips previously, within the last three years, and know most of the "iconic" subjects. But I am taking more time to them this time round and would like to explore some of the more unusual places and things.

Trip 1. Six weeks April/May this year - Western USA - Arizona, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, Nevada, California.

Trip 2. Six weeks January/February next year - New Zealand.

As I say, I know my way around places like Grand Teton, Yellowstone and Yosemite but love to explore new places and new ideas. So, if you have been to western USA or NZ and found some photo-opps that are not well documented, please share here.

Any pointers very gratefully received.
"Reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol."
Alternatively, "Life begins at the far end of your comfort zone."

slb_000

Re: Off the Beaten Track in Western USA and New Zealand
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 12:23:32 pm »

If you have not already got them, I would strongly recommend the Martres "Photographing the Southwest" series of books.  I got them following a suggestion elsewhere here, and found them invaluable in terms of what, where and when to see stuff - both the obvious things, and lesser known but still interesting sites. 

(If anyone knows of any as good for California / Death Valley please let me know - I'm currently planning a trip there myself).

Simon

francois

Re: Off the Beaten Track in Western USA and New Zealand
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 04:43:16 am »

If you have not already got them, I would strongly recommend the Martres "Photographing the Southwest" series of books.  I got them following a suggestion elsewhere here, and found them invaluable in terms of what, where and when to see stuff - both the obvious things, and lesser known but still interesting sites. 

I fully second this suggestion. Laurent Martres is providing excellent and deep photography-related information in his books.
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up