Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PS CS5.5 - No Color Management  (Read 1265 times)

Garnick

PS CS5.5 - No Color Management
« on: February 25, 2012, 03:08:00 pm »

I know this has been covered a couple of times on this forum, but since I'm going to be installing CS5 soon it will now be applicable to my workflow as well. As I recall, the issue centered around the fact that there was no apparent way of turning color management off in the Epson driver with CS5, but I believe Adobe did create a work around for the problem, not sure. Perhaps this issue has been resolved in CS5.5, but I'm not sure about that either. Regardless, I'd appreciated it if someone could set me straight on this before I start the first print job with CS5 and find myself facing a problem without a solution. I realize it is very possible that I might be mixing two separate issues here, so perhaps that could be resolved as well.

FYI, I'll be printing from a Mac Pro running 10.6.8, CS5.5 and an Epson 9900 with the latest driver. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all,
Gary   
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
Re: PS CS5.5 - No Color Management
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 04:13:11 pm »

If you are printing targets and want no color management, this is the work around.Adobe color printing utility.

The problem isn't you can't turn color management off in the driver, it was if you turned it off in Photoshop, the OS would let Colorsync get involved. For standard printing via a profile letting PS manage colors, you shouldn't have any problems.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 04:15:27 pm by Wayne Fox »

Garnick

Re: PS CS5.5 - No Color Management
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 10:44:13 am »

Thanks Wayne,

My mind is heading south in a real hurry lately(figuratively speaking that is).  As usual I'm rather slow getting up to speed with the newer OS and the latest PS installment, but it's coming in the very near future.  It's been a while since this issue has been discussed here and I had forgotten that it referred strictly to printing targets.  Good to know that my printing routine shouldn't suffer any major interruptions, other than the usual "9900 Woes".  But that's a story for another day, an ongoing story.  Well, more like a saga actually.

Thanks again for the reply, much appreciated.

Gary
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)
Pages: [1]   Go Up