Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ImagePrint 9 And Lightroom  (Read 1683 times)

Gemmtech

ImagePrint 9 And Lightroom
« on: February 23, 2012, 08:01:18 pm »

After "playing" with ImagePrint v9 I came to the conclusion that this is one incredible piece of software and therefore I must buy it.  I probably look at software differently than most simply because relatively speaking ImagePrint is "inexpensive".  I have read some posts here from members that they can't justify a $900-$2500 purchase for software on top of the printer, but isn't it the TOC of our computers and what they do in totality?  My ex's accounting software is $250,000 plus $35,000 annual fee, Ansys full package is about $125,000 plus $15K annual and even my "cheap" AutoCad and Softplan software is $5,000 & $3,500 respectively.  I'd say IP is worth it...

Ok, back on topic...

My question is, does anybody here print through Lightroom via ImagePrint V9?  I read that one must purchase a PTA at additional cost or naturally one can export from LR.  What are the pros and cons of each?  And it seems like the templates are actually easier to work with in Lightroom than in IP, thoughts? 

Garry

Gemmtech

Re: ImagePrint 9 And Lightroom
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 09:54:25 pm »

OK, printing through LR, going to see if there are any differences.  It's certainly much quicker this way.

richardhagen

Re: ImagePrint 9 And Lightroom
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 10:20:06 pm »

yes, it's certainly quicker to print straight from LR, but you lose the ability to utilize IP's layout features, as well as some of the other stuff especially some of the new features of IP v 9. i suppose if you have PTA enabled, you can do simple print from LR if all you need is a quick print and avoid the extra steps it takes to do it in IP. as for me, i've been an IP user since ver 4 by just bringing my image(s) into IP from my disk or whatever.

i've been playing with LR4 beta and love some of the new widgets e.g., soft proofing. i might be using capture one pro a little less than i normally do once LR4 launches, but i will stick with the my usual way of printing from IP directly.

btw: IP ver 9 rocks!

rh
Pages: [1]   Go Up