Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Everything Matters?  (Read 755 times)

FMueller

Everything Matters?
« on: February 23, 2012, 09:25:34 am »

Everything matters....Mark Dubovoy's 2 part article on LuLA recently really resonated with me. It describes an important aspect to my own personal approach to the photographic arts despite my own personal shortcomings in the execution of that philosophy!

And on the heels of that excellent article comes another 2 parter on tablet PC's suggesting that the print is dead, that books are dead, and that soon the end product will be the screen...ugh.

Am I just an old guy at the advanced age of 52 that is resisting the inevitable? Is my investment of time in the craft of photography merely a self entertaining exercise that will soon be rendered anachronistic by a world that finds the display of my iPad or even my wide gamut monitor good enough?

Has anyone ever seen a contact print by Edward Weston and said, meh...?

Rob C

Re: Everything Matters?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 12:26:16 pm »

How tragic that at the gentle age of 52 the question of age should even raise its head!

My mother made it up to about 93 or so and she was always convinced that, inside, she was still twenty-something. I'm trying very hard to emulate her in that respect, though I'm not quite convinced that reaching the goal will bring its own reward. But, having her attitude as long as one is still on the merry-go-round is no bad thing.

And neither is your fear of being the guy investing time in his craft for no good, ultimate, reason. The hell with the world at large: as long as you are happy doing what you do, that's all that matters. Who last asked you for your views on how they should run their life? Exactly! Do it for you!

;-)

Rob C
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 06:45:00 pm by Rob C »
Pages: [1]   Go Up