Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Looks Like LR4 Is Within Days Of Release  (Read 15067 times)

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
Looks Like LR4 Is Within Days Of Release
« on: February 22, 2012, 04:27:15 pm »

I notice that not only is the fantastic 80% off Student / Teacher Editions on right now, the discount does not apply to LR3, but it DOES specifically say it's good for LR4...and the offer expires March 2nd...looks like LR4 is due any day now and if you qualify for the discount will get it for peanuts!  PS CS5 is only $40 right now with the offer!

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Looks Like LR4 Is Within Days Of Release
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 06:34:16 pm »

... it DOES specifically say it's good for LR4...and the offer expires March 2nd...looks like LR4 is due any day now and if you qualify for the discount will get it for peanuts!...

Hmmm... where does it "specifically say it's good for LR4"? Care to share a link to it?

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 08:20:42 pm »

Well, John, if you ever needed a good reason to teach... ;)

meyerweb

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 10:08:46 pm »

http://store.adobe.com/store/en_us/popup/offer/save80edu.html

I think that reference to LR4 is a typo. Some folks on another site have reported buying LR3 via that deal. I just don't see any way Adobe is going to sell LR4 at 80% off, even to students and teachers.

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 02:43:22 am »

Same old, same old.  Everyone who knows is covered by NDA. Everyone else is guessing.  Tom Hogarty said that LR4 Beta expires at the end of March and it would not be wise if the production version wasn't out by then.  And so we wait.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Anthony.Ralph

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 05:46:39 am »

Same old, same old.  Everyone who knows is covered by NDA. Everyone else is guessing.  Tom Hogarty said that LR4 Beta expires at the end of March and it would not be wise if the production version wasn't out by then.  And so we wait.

Mike.

...and this assumes there will not be a second beta of course... :)

Anthony

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 01:22:35 pm »

Adobe has never stated there would ever be a second beta.
Eric Chan

jrp

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 02:19:58 pm »

Speculation: there would normally be a Release Candidate, or two, shortly before final release.  But since LR4 is really a database wrapper around a new version of Camera Raw, which will, presumably, be released with CS6, I would imagine that LR4 will not be released before CS6 is ready.  That time is, obviously, getting closer, judging by the sneak previews, but whether it is 1 week, or 1 month or one quarter, only Adobe will know, and perhaps not even they.  If I was them, I would wait until the slew of new Nikon, Canon, Fuji, and other cameras that are due to be released over the next month or two were handled by ACR7, if they want to avoid a lot of negative internet vibe about a new product not working with new gear.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2012, 02:53:00 pm »

But since LR4 is really a database wrapper around a new version of Camera Raw...

Where did you get that idea. LR is a completely separate stand alone application. Yes, it uses the "Camera Raw" processing pipeline, but Camera Raw isn't in LR–just the processing engine and a whole lot more code.

KeithR

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2012, 07:13:52 pm »

Speculation: there would normally be a Release Candidate, or two, shortly before final release.  But since LR4 is really a database wrapper around a new version of Camera Raw, which will, presumably, be released with CS6, I would imagine that LR4 will not be released before CS6 is ready.  That time is, obviously, getting closer, judging by the sneak previews, but whether it is 1 week, or 1 month or one quarter, only Adobe will know, and perhaps not even they.  If I was them, I would wait until the slew of new Nikon, Canon, Fuji, and other cameras that are due to be released over the next month or two were handled by ACR7, if they want to avoid a lot of negative internet vibe about a new product not working with new gear.
There has never been(to my knowledge) an RC, only betas, for a new version(of which LR4 is). There has always be an RC for dot releases of a version, which occur about every quarter or so which cover bug fixes and the like along with camera info that have recently been released. And I think Adobe knows when they'll be releasing LR4 & CS6. They just don't have to tell us until they do. ;D
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

Anthony.Ralph

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012, 12:53:05 pm »

Adobe has never stated there would ever be a second beta.

Eric I did realise that...  ;) My point was that just speculating about a release date based on the expiry date of a beta didn't allow for other (possible) factors. (There doesn't appear to be a tongue-in-cheek icon I could have used.)

Anthony.

Remo Nonaz

• Photography By Homer Shannnon
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2012, 08:09:09 am »

The SAVE80EDU is not a valid code. It was some mistake by Adobe and they are not honoring it on any product.
I really enjoy using old primes on my m4/3 camera. There's something about having to choose your aperture and actually focusing your camera that makes it so much more like... like... PHOTOGRAPHY!

Scott O.

• Photography by Scott and Joyce
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2012, 07:09:08 pm »

looks like LR4 is due any day now

I too am sure that LR4 is due any day now.  I just don't know how many days we are talking about...a few days...a lot of days.  Oh, how are we to know?   ??? ??? ???

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2012, 07:21:21 pm »

Oh, how are we to know?

That's the point, you aren't supposed to know. It's Adobe's secret until it isn't secret any more...lot's of people know, but nobody who knows is allowed to say due to NDAs.

rhynetc

• Tom Rhyne Photography
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2012, 06:39:55 pm »

We don't (can't) know when, but I'm ready for it!  Wish it would be released March 1!!!!

Scott O.

• Photography by Scott and Joyce
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2012, 01:33:41 am »

One of the things on my bucket list is to someday have to sign a NDA. Then I will feel like I have arrived and am truly part of the "in" crowd.

Farmer

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2012, 02:30:25 am »

No one who knows how you get to sign an NDA can tell you!

;-) ;-)
Phil Brown

Geraldo Garcia

• Personal blog
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2012, 03:26:40 am »

Adobe discount of 50% on LR3 says "Offer ends March 5, 2012", that is the best hint we have, I think.

mac_paolo

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2012, 03:51:31 am »

Adobe discount of 50% on LR3 says "Offer ends March 5, 2012", that is the best hint we have, I think.
On Amazon UK there's LR3 on discount but... "In stock on March 8, 2012."
Do you really think they'll arrive in stock after LR4 release?  ???

My guess is that Adobe will wait as much as possibile. No x.0 has ever been stable nor polished enough. It's the same for every and each Pro software in the from every single software house. I bet on the end of the month :)
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up