Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: same input in two windows and display the windows using different picture modes?  (Read 1448 times)

mbalensiefer

I just got a used 27" Spectraview (monitor only) on EBay.
 I found the following link:
http://www.ronmartblog.com/2010/12/review-nec-pa-241w-pa-271w-lcd-monitors.html
which would help me tremendously in my work flow. Here is the part of the text I find intriguing:

"One REALLY cool feature is that you can do side-by-side of the same input in two windows on one of these displays and display the windows using different picture modes.
 Where this is really cool is that I could have one set for the full color gamut and the other set for a sRGB (for web proofing) or a printer paper profile (for soft proofing). This works best when the monitor is in portrait orientation as over and under looks a lot better than side by side. I find this extremely useful because wide color gamut displays show more of the red portion of the color gamut so it is easy to overcompensate for sunburned looking skin only to have the sRGB image for the web look like crap. Alternatively there are also shortcut buttons on the display to just change picture modes for the whole display so you can edit for the web’s sRGB colorspace and return to the wide colorspace when imaging for print. "

How can I do this?
Thak you!

howardm

mmm, reciting from dim memory here..............

download the NEC 'Multiprofiler' software (free) from necdisplay.com

setup one of 4 (or 5) 'profiles' to some setting and set another to the other one.

in the PIP control, you can tell it which profile to use where
Pages: [1]   Go Up