Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: a river fog  (Read 6949 times)

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
Re: a river fog
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2012, 03:53:15 pm »

Many wonderful comments - and well deserved. It is a wonderful moment to capture and it's captured well.

I'm sorry to be the one to introduce a couple of "nigglies", but here goes... I would prefer to see slightly less of the top of the photograph and slightly more of the bottom. This would balance the space above the top right hilltop with the space below the bright for int he bottom left. I know, it's picky, but it's the way I see it anyway.
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

lorenzettifoto

• Andrea Lorenzetti photographer
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2012, 05:28:22 pm »

thank his speech.
I am not here to hear me say only good, I would like to improve the way you see and when criticism is to grow is well done.

greetings

rambler44

« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2012, 04:51:43 pm »

Maybe since the main subject of your photo was the fog river and light rays, you could have included less of the background and that would have included more of the lighted foreground which is much more interesting (to me) than the dark of the distant hills.  That result might have been what luxborealis was describing.  It is great that excellent photographers like yourself are open to critiques, and this is how I learn more, too.

lorenzettifoto

« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2012, 05:15:30 pm »

thanks, it is better to criticism than a simple word as beautiful

lorenzettifoto

« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2012, 06:18:54 pm »

luxborealis
sorry if my English is not perfect.
my previous answer will tell you that your observation has made ​​it clear to me that, after having made ​​the mistake during the filming, and that your criticism is very constructive.
I visited many sites, but their words are just "incredible image" does not grow the way I see it.
With your criticism, I try to understand mistakes for not to repeat tomorrow in other images

Michael H. Cothran

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2012, 10:32:46 am »

Now this shot really sings! Very dramatic with strong impact. Good crafting.

WebLynx

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2012, 01:42:17 am »

... I would prefer to see slightly less of the top of the photograph and slightly more of the bottom. This would balance the space above the top right hilltop with the space below the bright for(ground) in the bottom left.

:-\
In a sense, the picture is also balanced just as it is: the fog line in the foreground, lying roughly on a third's line, is echoed by the fog in the background also lying on a third's line. The middleground trees and filtered sunlight is “trapped” between the two. This also makes for a pleasing composition.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up