Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Extreme Panoramic Views  (Read 1359 times)

rahimin3d

• The Nomadic Kenyan
Extreme Panoramic Views
« on: February 21, 2012, 01:47:35 pm »

Hello There Luminous Landscape.

How are you today? My name is Rahim, I am relatively new to this forum, I am from East Africa and have found a lot of what happens here exciting and very informative.

I deeply enjoy the art of landscape photography however lately I find myself taking extremely large panoramic photographs the latest of which was a 120 Image Stitch panning approximately 220 degrees.

I haven't looked in to it however out what I believe is experience on this forum, I would like to ask if there is any practical application to these photographs or a market for them. I am attaching one such image of about 20 Exposures.

Best,

Rahim.

Rahim M Kara
POCP
Apple & Adobe Certified Pro

shaunw

• Shaun Walby Landscape Photography collections
Re: Extreme Panoramic Views
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 03:52:57 pm »

Now thats a Pano...i like it but is difficult to get invloved with an image of these proportions via the net....it need to be seen in large print on a wall. Having said that what i see i like...great effort well done.
Canon 5D mk II Sigma 10-20, Canon 17-40mm L, Canon 24-105mm L, Canon 70-200 L, Lee Filters, Manfrotto geared head/tripod.

''Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop''. – Ansel Adams
http://www.shaunwalbyphotography.com

rambler44

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 04:35:58 pm »

There is an interesting thread about panoramas in general under the "Beginners' Questions" , and you might be interested in the websites of two members here, Dan Berg and Ellis Vener.  Dan prints out panoramas and he might answer your questions about the business side of it.

http://bergscanvasgallery.com/

rahimin3d

• The Nomadic Kenyan
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 12:37:55 am »

Hi There,

Shaunw, thank you very much for the kind words. And yes, this image is scaled down to about 12%. But thank you once again it's nice to have positive feedback.

Rambler44, I will move to the post and find him too.

Thank you both.

Rahim.
Rahim M Kara
POCP
Apple & Adobe Certified Pro
Pages: [1]   Go Up