Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Landscape & Nature Photography  (Read 5702 times)

Landscape & Nature Photography
« on: May 10, 2003, 09:51:37 pm »

Toronto is a city of 5 million in the greater metro area and you have to drive at least 45 minutes to get to where the suburbs end and the countryside begins. Even then it's mostly farmland for 100 Km or so.

If you have a day then a drive up to the Muskoka area north of the city, or the rolling hills in Caledon township are worthwhile. A bit further (a day's drive there and back) is Sandbanks Provincial Park along Lake Ontario.

Lots of good areas, especially now that spring has sprung, but nothing within the city itself that's terribly exciting in terms of landscape or nature.

Michael

Robert Roaldi

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2003, 03:50:28 pm »

The suggestions about Muskoka and Caledon (not so far) are good but there are numerous parks and ravines in the city itself. Any good map will show them; just look for the creeks and rivers as there are many parks alongside them.

JJP

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2003, 08:17:00 am »

Thanks All!
JJ

elvis

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2003, 03:36:41 am »

I'm a chinese college student, I want to know some forum on landscape archittectural design, could you help me??

JJP

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2003, 05:03:24 pm »

Will be visiting Toronto.  Any Toronto-nians no of some good locations for taking landscapes & nature images?
JJ

Dale_Cotton

• http://daystarvisions.com
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2003, 11:33:26 am »

Well, if you can settle for a shot like this:
or
I took them along the lakeshore about two miles from where I live in Pickering, which is an eastern ex-urb of Toronto. There are any number of conservation areas, including wetlands and forest, in this vicinity.

Gordon J. Millar

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2003, 09:20:42 am »

I live in Burlington, 30 minutes west of Toronto, and there is a large number of potential landscape and nature photography locations here. Everything from the industrial cityscapes of Hamilton, the gardens and trails of the Royal Botanical Gardens, the cliffs, ravines, woods, creeks, waterfalls, wildlife, and farms of the Bruce Trail and the Niagara escarpment. If you would like to shoot some great sunrises go west to Mississauga on the shores of Lake Ontario and look back towards Toronto, the sunrise over the CN Tower is fantastic. Don't forget Niagara Falls, one of the natural wonders of the world, only an hour and 15 minutes from downtown Toronto. These combined with the locations mentioned above should keep you shooting away for awile. Have fun, and good luck.
Gord
Just call me Gord,  everyone does.

Tim Gray

• http://www.timgrayphotography.com
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2003, 09:01:42 am »

If you don't want to leave the city all of the following have some photogenic qualities...

Scarborough bluffs in the evening
Toront Island
High Park
Mt Pleasant Cemetery
Downtown Core (cityscapes)
Edwards Gardens

Eric Degiuli

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2003, 11:12:41 am »

I live in Niagara Falls (during the summer) and there are some great locations here - but probably not the ones you'll read about in guidebooks.  My favourite place in the Niagara region is the Niagara Glen, which is an area about 10km downriver from the Falls, near the Whirlpool.  There is a great set of trails (across from the golf course) and plenty of photo ops.  Next week I plan on making a run down there to catch the morning light with my new camera.  

Niagara-on-the-lake, a 30km drive downriver from the Falls, is quite pastoral, and has some nice photo opportunities.

In Toronto itself, the University of Toronto campus is beautiful, particularly University College,  (my college  :) ) , Convocation Hall, and Trinity College.
Pages: [1]   Go Up