Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kintail Ponies  (Read 2435 times)

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
Kintail Ponies
« on: February 18, 2012, 01:08:59 pm »

Shot yesterday in the rain.

CC's welcome as always.

Dave
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 01:53:47 pm by Dave (Isle of Skye) »

WalterEG

Re: Kintail Ponies
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 01:41:34 pm »

Magnificently mythical.  Perseverence, great sense of balance and lashings of serendipity it would seem.

Cheers,

W

Rob C

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 02:49:00 pm »

Agree with Walter - polarities notwithstanding - a very interesting image. It's one of those where the more you look, the more you begin to see in it. Not a lot of that about. Now, had it been Ireland, could have blamed/thanked the fairies, but in Skye... must be the effect of the mountains.

Rob C

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 06:55:15 pm »

Great potential for further processing (or at least for us who are into it)!

Two front trees tend to dominate the whole image and I would darken them (as well as the rest of the woods, especially that clearing in the upper right corner. The two white horses are visible, but the three others are kind of blending in, and I would lighten them (all horses) to separate them from the surrounding trees.

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 01:48:57 am »

Great potential for further processing (or at least for us who are into it)!

Two front trees tend to dominate the whole image and I would darken them (as well as the rest of the woods, especially that clearing in the upper right corner. The two white horses are visible, but the three others are kind of blending in, and I would lighten them (all horses) to separate them from the surrounding trees.

I agree.  And I wouldn't clone out their front horns, either.  Pretending they're not really unicorns works to a point, but sometimes truth is more important...  ;D

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 05:37:00 pm »

Thanks all, I have many pictures from this session in the rain using my makeshift plastic bag rain cover.  ;D

Dave.

jalcocer

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 09:06:00 pm »

I really like it, looks like a picture from a fairy tale book, just the horns missing, but then they would be unicorns :)

Riaan van Wyk

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 10:32:18 am »

Lovely Dave- Walter's comment says it all.

popnfresh

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 08:27:38 pm »

Slobodan is right about the shortcomings of this shot. Personally, I think they're too many to overcome in post without making the shot look off. Ultimately, I think the shot would work better with either no ponies or just the two white ones placed differently.

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 10:04:35 am »

Slobodan is right about the shortcomings of this shot. Personally, I think they're too many to overcome in post without making the shot look off. Ultimately, I think the shot would work better with either no ponies or just the two white ones placed differently.

So that's total cut and paste rebuild then..  ::)

Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up