Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some Epson 4880 questions  (Read 676 times)

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
Some Epson 4880 questions
« on: February 18, 2012, 11:04:39 am »

Sort of minor, but I'd love answers if possible!

1) In the printer driver's User Defined Paper Size dialog box, the size unit always defaults to mm. I prefer inches, can I change the default?
2) When I start printing, the printer status dialog appears and displays the ink levels as vertical colored bars. After a few seconds the bars go solid gray, no more levels displayed. Printing continues fine. Can this be fixed?
3) Being cheap, I want to squeeze every last drop of ink out of my cartridges. Is there any harm in ignoring the "low ink" warning? Once the ink in a cartridge actually runs out, what happens?

Thanks in advance for any help.

mahera

Re: Some Epson 4880 questions
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 03:09:52 pm »

Hello Peter,

I checked on my win7 64bit system and the paper size comes up in inch as default.

You can still keep printing even with the warning; you should have quite some ink left.
What happens is that if you print and run out of ink, the printer will stop and wait for you
to replace the ink and then starts printing again, finishing the print.

About the ink level display i don’t think that an issue who needs to be fixed, but to be fair I never checked mine during printing. I don’t even think you would see it moving during a print.
An 8X10 for example uses a total of about 1.2ml of ink over all inks together. So I don’t think you would see it moving even with larger prints during the print.

Rainer

Pages: [1]   Go Up