Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MF image stacks  (Read 1018 times)

cunim

MF image stacks
« on: February 16, 2012, 12:25:56 pm »

I do a fair amount of stacking, and often compare stacks with tilts.  Care to show what stacking does for you?  I'll start with this one.  It's an antique microscope from about 1865.  As you can see in the single plane image, the stacked body is tilted horizontally and is about two feet long.  Taken with an AS Monolith, Apo Digitar 210 at f11, IQ180.  Fourteen images rendered in Helicon, planes end at the stage (bottom set of knobs) to allow the furtherst bits to go soft.

Peter

BillOConnor

Re: MF image stacks
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 01:18:56 pm »

What is Helicon? I'm assuming it's a software that helps you merge stacked images. Does it help?

Bill O'Connor

Brian Hirschfeld

• Brian Hirschfeld Photography
Re: MF image stacks
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 07:12:27 pm »

They make Helicon Focus http://www.heliconsoft.com/ which is an image stacking software for applications like these, and macro work, where shallow DOF is a problem, and taking multiple images, with different planes in focus, and then rendering them in one image allows for extended DOF. You would use a automated or manual macro rail for closer work with non-bellows system camera i.e DSLR's or MFDB's on traditional cameras (Hass H, Phase/Mamiya 645DF, Contax 645, etc). They make a piece of software called Helicon Remote, which can control the focus of some cameras, to make this process easier.
www.brianhirschfeldphotography.com / www.flickr.com/brianhirschfeldphotography
---------------------------------------------------------------
Leica / Nikon / Hasselblad / Mamiya ~ Proud IQ180 owner
Pages: [1]   Go Up