Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leaf Capture 11.5.3 does not update previews with OS X Lion  (Read 3309 times)

Streetwise

• DavidAnderson.tv
Leaf Capture 11.5.3 does not update previews with OS X Lion
« on: February 15, 2012, 10:44:46 am »

I'm having an issue with a new iMac and Lion. With CS 11.5.3 and an Aptus 65 back (tethered) I can take a shot, watch the "Transferring new image" progress bar in the lower left of the screen, but then nothing. The image does not update with the most recent capture.  It's pretty intermittent, but I would say it does not update about 80-90% of the time.  If I fire up Capture One, it is better, but still does not update new exposures. Is this a Lion issue? So far, I'm not that impressed with Lion.

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
Re: Leaf Capture 11.5.3 does not update previews with OS X Lion
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 11:31:59 am »

I'm having an issue with a new iMac and Lion. With CS 11.5.3 and an Aptus 65 back (tethered) I can take a shot, watch the "Transferring new image" progress bar in the lower left of the screen, but then nothing. The image does not update with the most recent capture.  It's pretty intermittent, but I would say it does not update about 80-90% of the time.  If I fire up Capture One, it is better, but still does not update new exposures. Is this a Lion issue? So far, I'm not that impressed with Lion.

Hi there, we're not familiar with such an issue so we'll need some more info (best would be via a support case I think:

1. Was the iMac installed as a migration from another, snow leopard machine or is that a new install?
2. Were LC and C1 re-installed?
3. Are the RAW files being written to your HDD? Can you see them in the finder?
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

Streetwise

• DavidAnderson.tv
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 11:48:25 am »

Hi Yair,

See below:

Hi there, we're not familiar with such an issue so we'll need some more info (best would be via a support case I think:

1. Was the iMac installed as a migration from another, snow leopard machine or is that a new install?
Lion came pre-installed on in iMac i5 Quad Core

2. Were LC and C1 re-installed?
Both LC and C1 were installed fresh.

3. Are the RAW files being written to your HDD? Can you see them in the finder?
No RAW files are written, nor are any JPG preview created in the LeafDB folder.

If I let everything sit for 10 minutes or more, then generally the first shot after that comes up. Also, after shooting 5-6 captures in a row with no luck, I can disconnect/reconnect the camera from LC, but that still doesn't fix the issue.

I'm wondering if I should try using an older version to see if the issue is still there? Maybe 11.5.1 or 11.5.2?

yaya

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 12:19:58 pm »

Hi Yair,

See below:

If I let everything sit for 10 minutes or more, then generally the first shot after that comes up. Also, after shooting 5-6 captures in a row with no luck, I can disconnect/reconnect the camera from LC, but that still doesn't fix the issue.

I'm wondering if I should try using an older version to see if the issue is still there? Maybe 11.5.1 or 11.5.2?

Have you run a full software update on the iMac yet? I know that some iMacs come with missing Java Runtime modules etc. (Java update for 10.7)

Failing that I'd look at the Firewire cable/ port on the iMac and try a powered repeater to make sure there's secure connection and communication

Yair

Streetwise

• DavidAnderson.tv
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 01:32:36 pm »

Have you run a full software update on the iMac yet? I know that some iMacs come with missing Java Runtime modules etc. (Java update for 10.7)

Failing that I'd look at the Firewire cable/ port on the iMac and try a powered repeater to make sure there's secure connection and communication

Yair

I have run the updates just a day or two ago. I've attached a screenshot of what I have for the Java stuff. You're point about a Firewire issue is a good one. I'm using the Firewire 400 cord that came with the back (5 meter?) and going into an adapter, into the Firewire 800 port on the back of the iMac. I've tried two adapters, with the same results. Could you recommend a powered repeater for me to try out? Also, I have a shorter cable that I will try.

THanks.

yaya

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 01:59:03 pm »

These are the repeaters that we provide: FW repeaters for Leaf backs

You can get the 400-400 one and then a 400-800 cable (we make one as well) or you can get a 800-800 one that comes with an additional 4.5m cable. You will need a 400-800 cable from your back

BR

Yair

weleibow

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 10:50:32 pm »

I have a new apple Imac would not work with aptus II-8 until I used a powered hub then all went well  saw the ack read the card etc.  I was told the Imac 800 firewire isn't strong enoug and needs a repeater.
Pages: [1]   Go Up