Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The art of conversation  (Read 1195 times)

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
The art of conversation
« on: February 14, 2012, 10:35:10 pm »

Team,

I don't know about you, but I am rarely able to add significant additional value to a thread after my 2nd or 3rd comment in the said thread. The next posts are mostly a repeat of what I already wrote.

Since I know most of you typically get the point the first time I'll try to stick to this simple guideline from now on. More time to photography! :-)

Cheers,
Bernard

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: The art of conversation
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 11:45:29 pm »

... Since I know most of you typically get the point the first time...

Right!

P.S. Not sure if I would be able to add any additional value to the point above later on in this thread ;)

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 03:32:37 am »

I don't know about you, but I am rarely able to add significant additional value to a thread after my 2nd or 3rd comment in the said thread. The next posts are mostly a repeat of what I already wrote.

+1

I was tempted to leave it there ;). If you can make two or three useful contributions (and I agree that you generally do), you're managing more than most of us. Myself included.

Jeremy

Rob C

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 09:13:52 am »

I think things find their own termination point, different, probably, for each person.

The problem is basically two-fold: people are seldom convinced enough by opposing arguments to really accept them and change their own stance; with some peole it becomes a case of losing or not losing face, which turns it into a last-man-standing scenario which is the most boring thing into which to drift. It used to be okay in western movies, but not on the web.

Rob C
Pages: [1]   Go Up