Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bridge - Export Cache and search  (Read 2930 times)

Ben Rubinstein

Bridge - Export Cache and search
« on: February 13, 2012, 08:12:19 am »

Hi,

Can we discuss the merits of having a central cache (on an SSD drive) vs exporting the cache to folders? One reason I'm asking is that Bridge needs to index and build a cache from folders in order to allow searching, there is no way to force indexing or reindexing of a disk for example which is problematic if you've just lost your central cache by mistake and the disk array is 24TB of raw files (we'll be doing that much per year in the studio). I specifically need a browser based indepth metadata searching feature.

Any advice and pointers on this would be most welcome. The search features of bridge are very powerful but the implimentation is rather moronic.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 08:27:28 am by Ben Rubinstein »

rambler44

Re: Bridge - Export Cache and search
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 06:37:21 pm »

Ben. are you asking if there is a way to find files (images) through the metadata?

If you select an image, then goto File and scroll down to File Info, there appear to be several different ways to add info to each file with names. locations, etc.  You can set the same metadata for several files.  Then later you can select the files that have the same metadata settings.  I think this is set up so that you can process a lot of images at once that need similar things done to them, but it might also be a way for you to Find Files later for whatever reason..

I think there are several different ways of finding files through keywords, collections, favorites, folders, and content that can be chosen under Edit, then Find  (Control (PC) or Command F (Mac))

I think Bridge tries to set up a lot of options so that files can later be found quickly.

In truth, I am not sure whether this is helpful for you or not.  Maybe I am just stating the obvious which you already know.

Ben Rubinstein

Re: Bridge - Export Cache and search
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 04:52:19 am »

Problem is that bridge is horrifically slow and for some reason seems to be indexing and reindexing with every single search I do. Lightroom in comparison is a joy to use for searching the only problem being that you then can't do anything with the files other than using the export command.
Pages: [1]   Go Up