Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: For Sale: Epson Stylus Pro 7600 Printer  (Read 3674 times)

marc_mcdonald2b

For Sale: Epson Stylus Pro 7600 Printer
« on: February 12, 2012, 01:54:53 pm »

This is an art quality inkjet printer capable of printing roll and sheet media up to 24” wide. The printer is in excellent condition. All the ink tanks are in date. It comes with a spare maintenance tank and approximately ½ roll of Epson Enhanced Matt paper. Pickup preferred in Boulder Colorado, but I will also deliver in the Denver metro area. This printer sold new for $3,000, the current replacement is over $4,000. $750 buys this one.

mmurph

• http://
Re: For Sale: Epson Stylus Pro 7600 Printer
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 03:20:36 pm »

Just FWIW

I have 2 7600's and a 9600.

They are the last of the Epson's that all full access through the multiple maintenance menus to reset ink ink level, maintenace carts, switch to dye inks, etc.

I run some good quality but cheap "Claria match" dye inks in one 7600. The printer can be set to either dye or pigment. 

For $100 you can get enough ink for 2 full sets of 220 ml carts (buy a set of refillable carts for $160.)  I love to do big proofs.  I use cheaper, thinner paper for proofing (Epson Premium Semi-Gloss 170.)  The cost for ink for a 24"x30" print is between 2 cents and 5 cents.  The cost for paper is $.20.  So for $.25 each I can run off a stack of beautiful 24"x30" proof prints (thats about the same cost as a 4"x6" from the drugstore.)

The other 7600 is set up with a custom B&W ink set that I mixed myself.  There are detailed instructions online at Paul Roarks web site. 

http://www.paulroark.com/BW-Info/

There are quite a few different options on Paul's site.  I modified his formulas a bit and mixed a custom 6 Black + GLOP (gloss optimizer) B&W ink set - for printing B&W on glossy baryta papers (Roark is more focused on matte printing.)  Cost again is less than 5 cents per print for a 24"x30.

Finally, I run the Epson K3 Ultrachrome inks, without the Light Light Grey, on the Epson 9600.  I do have an Xrite iPro I use to make my own profiles.

Sorry to hijack the thread - just a big plug for the 7600.  They do use almost twice as much ink as the more efficient 7800 and 7900 series, but with lower cost inks it is not much of an issue.

Good luck!

Best, Michael
Pages: [1]   Go Up