Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon iFP 8300 phisical size question  (Read 2420 times)

Peter J M

Canon iFP 8300 phisical size question
« on: February 12, 2012, 01:47:14 pm »

Hello,

Can one of you that is a proud owner of the iFP8300 tell me the smallest door opening that printer will fit through. I am talking about the initial setup/move before the printer is mounted to the stand. Official Canon documentation list printer's depth at 38.4", will this printer take less door with" space if I move it in a vertical position? (My printing studio door is 25" wide).

Is there any "magical" option to shrink it during the move/setup (remove "something", etc).

I will appreciate any suggestions or references.

howardm

Re: Canon iFP 8300 phisical size question
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 02:01:25 pm »

might want to ask Keith Cooper.  There is a picture on his review of his 'cramped' printing room w an 8300

http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/reviews/printer/canon_ipf8300.html

bill t.

• http://www.unit16.net
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 03:51:41 pm »

Measuring from the 4 stubs that look like table-top feet, on up to the tops of the cartridge covers, it look like about 26" at least.  Just eyeballing it I don't think I see much hope of being able to maneuver it through a 24" door, even rotated 90 degree on its length and turned at an angle.  I rolled mine in on its stand through a 32" door with no trouble.

You certainly wouldn't want to remove the cartridge assemblies, but there might be some way to take off the feet at the bottom which would probably put you at about 24".  It's hard to tell, with the stand on I can't see all of the "foot" assembly so I don't know what it might take to remove it.  Maybe you could find an exploded part view online.

You might be able to open that door up a little temporarily removing the wood moulding on either side.

mstevensphoto

• Denver Commercial Photographer
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 05:37:17 pm »

I had difficulty getting through a 28" door on end but it did fit (just nowhere to hold it). I believe the 26" is pretty accurate. you'll want to upend it for easiest narrow door access. if needed a door jamb comes off and goes back on easy and will net you another 2" or so.

bill t.

• http://www.unit16.net
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 05:47:10 pm »

PS.  I think we've been assuming a brand new printer with an empty ink system.  If that's a used printer, I've heard on the grapevine that you can get some ugly spills by tilting it the wrong way!

mstevensphoto

• Denver Commercial Photographer
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 05:51:33 pm »

if it is a used printer and you have to do anything but transport it flat I encourage you to sell the thing and buy a new one under one of the huge discount programs. Moving my ipf8300 with a level 3 drain was one of the most expensive and frustrating things i've done in my photographic career. next time this thing has to go up stairs I'll buy a new one.

Peter J M

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 06:04:08 pm »

I am hoping to take advantage of the current pricing promotions form Canon - it will be very new unit :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up