Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LightJet printing recommendation  (Read 2345 times)

markymarkrb

LightJet printing recommendation
« on: February 11, 2012, 11:22:38 pm »

Can anyone recommend a good company for me who does OCE LightJet printing?

Thanks,
Mark

tim wolcott

• http://www.galleryoftheamericanlandscape.com
Re: LightJet printing recommendation
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 11:30:30 pm »

How about helping all of us who sell and make our living selling our photographs and choose to make some real photographs with pigmented inks thru an inkjet printer.  Really, are really interested in poisoning the planet and making photographs that fade quickly.  And please no one insult my intelligence by saying that Henry Wilhelm gave it this rating.  I've known Herny since 1991.  That rating is only good for print made in a tube and the tube washed each time.  Not in a processor that carries the chemicals from developer to stop bath and then to fixer.  So the prints fade very quickly when ran thru a processor which is required by labs because of environmental requirements. 

Help the entire photographic collect ability by making a print that will last and not pollute.  T

markymarkrb

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 12:44:48 am »

Tim,

While I respect your opinion, I expected a more tactful response.  I am always up to listening to people who have a little tact and want to have a respectful conversation.  Especially from someone who prides themselves with developing new methods of printing.

Thanks,
Mark
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 01:01:23 am by markymarkrb »

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 11:49:58 am »

www.pictopia.com (they either have a Lightjet or maybe a Lambda, I think a LJ). Also NancyScans in NY is worth talking to.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Wolfman

• www.bernardwolf.com
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 01:51:17 pm »

markymarkrb

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 03:45:05 pm »

Thanks!

chez

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 07:57:28 pm »

How about helping all of us who sell and make our living selling our photographs and choose to make some real photographs with pigmented inks thru an inkjet printer.  Really, are really interested in poisoning the planet and making photographs that fade quickly.  And please no one insult my intelligence by saying that Henry Wilhelm gave it this rating.  I've known Herny since 1991.  That rating is only good for print made in a tube and the tube washed each time.  Not in a processor that carries the chemicals from developer to stop bath and then to fixer.  So the prints fade very quickly when ran thru a processor which is required by labs because of environmental requirements. 

Help the entire photographic collect ability by making a print that will last and not pollute.  T

You can crawl off your high horse anytime.

neile

• http://www.danecreekfolios.com
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 08:37:43 pm »

Aspen Creek Photo? http://www.aspencreekphoto.com/pages/prices.htm. They're the "upload and print" arm of West Coast Imaging (www.westcoastimaging.com) that does great work.

Neil
Neil Enns
Dane Creek Folio Covers. Limited edition Tuscan Sun and Citron covers are now in stock!

tim wolcott

• http://www.galleryoftheamericanlandscape.com
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 12:24:53 am »

Its not about the horse.  Its about producing an image that worth selling and for someone to buy and have faith in its integrity.  Maybe you should have some ethics and climb on the horse.  Its professional photographers like me and others who have to answer the same stupid questions from gallery directors and museum curators and from the end buyer about how long will it last, what is it made out of.  So sorry if my ethics is bigger than your Chez, but after 21 years of making pigment prints and providing others an alternative to make a photograph that lasts and does not pollute the same landscapes we like to photograph.

So I tell you what, you go ahead and make your toxic fading prints and we will all laugh at you when the hammer of a lawsuit comes down on you like it will with the others.  By the way, there is no upside to making light jet prints.  There is no way a light jet print will ever look as good as a pigment print. 

So if still think I'm riding a tall horse.  I really don't care!!!!  Because not until all of us clean this industry up, of displaying and selling photographs that really don't fade will the whole and all of us win in photographic industry.  So maybe I'm as little sensitive to the idea of light jet prints but if had to answer questions "the same questions for 21 years"  maybe you would feel the same.  T

chez

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 10:23:05 am »

Its not about the horse.  Its about producing an image that worth selling and for someone to buy and have faith in its integrity.  Maybe you should have some ethics and climb on the horse.  Its professional photographers like me and others who have to answer the same stupid questions from gallery directors and museum curators and from the end buyer about how long will it last, what is it made out of.  So sorry if my ethics is bigger than your Chez, but after 21 years of making pigment prints and providing others an alternative to make a photograph that lasts and does not pollute the same landscapes we like to photograph.

So I tell you what, you go ahead and make your toxic fading prints and we will all laugh at you when the hammer of a lawsuit comes down on you like it will with the others.  By the way, there is no upside to making light jet prints.  There is no way a light jet print will ever look as good as a pigment print. 

So if still think I'm riding a tall horse.  I really don't care!!!!  Because not until all of us clean this industry up, of displaying and selling photographs that really don't fade will the whole and all of us win in photographic industry.  So maybe I'm as little sensitive to the idea of light jet prints but if had to answer questions "the same questions for 21 years"  maybe you would feel the same.  T

Instead of sounding like a pompous ass, maybe you could have educated the OP on the issues with light jet prints. Instead you did a direct attack. There is a choice in the way to get your message out...you chose the wrong way.

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 06:49:08 pm »

It's not so much about a tall horse - although you did manage to find an even higher one with your 2nd response -, it's more about the fact that you failed to answer the OP question, and went on an unhelpful tangent.

I know it's an internet forum tactic to be unhelpful and offer contentious "advise" (on other forums it's actually called trolling), but I (and clearly others) expect more from LL.
Pages: [1]   Go Up