Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Configuration question epson 3880 OSX 10.7.2  (Read 881 times)

paulwroscoe

Configuration question epson 3880 OSX 10.7.2
« on: February 11, 2012, 06:34:04 pm »

I am hoping to get an answer to a question related to configuring my newly arrived 3880.

I have downloaded the latest driver from Epson site and installed. When I come to down to add printer in preferences, it sees the printer but then presents a dialog box as shown in attachment. The drivers have been installed in the appropriate folder \library\printers. However I am not sure where to find the specific file that it is referencing. Previously when I have configured printers, it has found the appropriate driver and pre-filled this dialog.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PR

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Configuration question epson 3880 OSX 10.7.2
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 11:53:57 am »

It sees the printer but not the driver hence the popup. You didn’t get the driver to either fully or correctly install. Try again. If you still have a problem, you may have to reset the print system which you do in Printer and Fax (Print Scan on Lion) by Control clicking on the printer and selecting reset from the context menu.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

howardm

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 12:28:13 pm »

as noted in the dpreview thread, did you click on the pulldown?  It should have come up w a small search box (where you can enter something like '3880' and/or list of installed drivers).  That's assuming that the driver really did install correctly.  The Reset would be an almost last resort cause it would nuke all of your printer instantiations.

paulwroscoe

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 02:01:28 pm »

In all likelihood, the driver had not properly installed first time around. I uninstalled the driver, reinstalled from CD, rebooted the machine and the print driver was discovered by print preferences, so all ok now.

Thanks for the responses.

PR

howardm

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 02:02:54 pm »

good to hear.

check the version of the driver that came on the CD to the Epson website
Pages: [1]   Go Up