Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sezela - South Coast  (Read 1488 times)

William Walker

• William Walker Landscapes
Sezela - South Coast
« on: February 11, 2012, 02:43:21 pm »

Hi

I wonder what you think of this one?

William
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens

Fips

• some unrelated photos on flickr
Re: Sezela - South Coast
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 03:56:18 pm »

I think that's a very nice photograph. But as I recon you're looking for some criticism, here some  ;). There are some darker areas in the upper right half of the sky and something that looks like a ghost image of a cloud. That makes it look cooked.

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 02:29:35 am »

Hmmm... I like the water, the beach and the background, but since the waves are coming in from the left and moving across the frame to the right, my eye follows them and runs smack into the rather large chunk of shoreline obscuring the foreground on the right edge. I think it's too dominant for the rest of the image and doesn't hold sufficient interest to earn its place. 

My 2ยข,

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

William Walker

• William Walker Landscapes
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 03:57:30 am »

I seem to remember reading one of those articles where they track eye-movement and am sure they worked out that most people "enter" a picture from the bottom-right....(bearing in mind that I sometimes forget my children's names).

Anyway, with that in mind, I thought there was a lovely step at bottom right which took you down onto the rocks, the waves hemmed you in on the left and forced you around the corner.... just goes to show! Clearly did not work!

Thanks anyway Mike and Fips.

William
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens

Fips

• some unrelated photos on flickr
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 04:55:59 am »

Ok, here's what my eyes do: They follow the waves from the left and then and up at the scenery in the background. Especially the odd looking trees and the large building catch my attention. However, they are too small to give one an exact idea of what this other shore side looks like. And this is exactly what make the image look interesting to me. I would like to know what's over there.
The large rock on the right and the trees just lead my eyes even more to the scenery in the background. Therefore the composition makes sense to me.

jalcocer

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 08:40:48 am »

I really like the clouds and the deepness in this picture.

ivan muller

• Ivan Muller
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 03:41:57 am »

William, if you used the 'clarity' slider in LR to give your sky and clouds a bit of 'pop' and one overdoes it, then sometimes the clouds have these dark areas adjacent to them. I find if one just backs up a bit with the clarity slider and lower the contrast these sometimes unpleasant artifacts will disappear....
Pages: [1]   Go Up