Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DNG Import Conversion in Lightroom 4  (Read 8064 times)

Remo Nonaz

• Photography By Homer Shannnon
DNG Import Conversion in Lightroom 4
« on: February 10, 2012, 08:22:03 pm »

I watched the David Marx video on importing in LR3 and converting directly to DNG on import. This is a feature I could really use. However, I poked all around the LR4 beta and could not find this feature. Does anyone know if this is a planned feature for the product and just not in the beta, or did I miss something?
I really enjoy using old primes on my m4/3 camera. There's something about having to choose your aperture and actually focusing your camera that makes it so much more like... like... PHOTOGRAPHY!

aduke

Re: DNG Import Conversion in Lightroom 4
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 08:29:41 pm »

Look in the middle of the top line of the full import dialog. It is one of four options, Copy as DNG, Copy, Move, Add.

That's the only control available.

If you want to create DNG's on import often, create an import preset, with that selected. The import preset can be found in the middle of the bottom line of the import dialog.

Alan

Remo Nonaz

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 09:29:39 pm »

Doh! Right in the middle of the screen! I was looking for a tab or something to open the box shown in David Max' video. This is a little different. It works perfectly. I like that it does not convert the files going into the secondary file. I put a copy of the RW2 over on another drive then put all of those onto a DVD when they get up to around 4GB.

One more question, though. When I move the RAW + JPG images into LR, the RW2 becomes a DNG but only the DNGs show up in the LR library. I checked Explorer and they are in the folder. Not that I really need the JPGs if I'm working with the DNG files, but how do you get LR to display all the files in the folder?

I really enjoy using old primes on my m4/3 camera. There's something about having to choose your aperture and actually focusing your camera that makes it so much more like... like... PHOTOGRAPHY!

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 10:41:37 pm »

In Edit/Preferences (Win) or Lightroom/Preferences (Mac), General tab, do you have the box checked beside "Treat JPEG files next to raw files as separate photos"?

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Remo Nonaz

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 09:43:14 am »

That did the trick. Thank you.  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up