Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: alternatives for photo books  (Read 1112 times)

nma

alternatives for photo books
« on: February 09, 2012, 12:50:56 am »

I have used several different products to make photo books, e.g Innova Opus Albums, Moab Chinle photo books and Stone Editions. All of these involve a prepunched matte paper. I am now looking for other alternatives for the albums and paper types. For example, I like the paper in the Innova product but the album looks a little cheap. Are there products with a semigloss paper, perhaps with tissue inserts?

neile

• http://www.danecreekfolios.com
Re: alternatives for photo books
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 12:59:05 am »

Andy did a nice little video that summaries a number of presentation alternatives: http://andybiggs.squarespace.com/the-global-photographer/2011/6/23/portfolios-for-photographers.html. I am biased, but partial to the folio cover option :)

Neil
Neil Enns
Dane Creek Folio Covers. Limited edition Tuscan Sun and Citron covers are now in stock!

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 02:16:04 am »

I recently purchased a couple of the portfolio boxes Andy shows in his video, for loose prints to present a portfolio, or if you are selling a high end group of prints as he does, they are fantastic.

As far as book options, I recently assembled a portfolio using Pina Zangaro's Vista Mist cover.  I printed the pages on 13x19 Epson Exhibition Fiber, and used these clear strip hinges on each page.  I attached the hinge to the back of the page so as you view each picture the page is clean.  the small clear attachment on the back of the previous page isn't objectionable.  I have about 40 images in 1 book (I had to buy the extender post set), and I arranged them so all the verticals were at the beginning followed by the landscape oriented images, so you only had to turn the book once.  The page that is being viewed is actually decently flat. I have used this to present my work several times and the response has been very good.

Unfortunately I believe they are going to be discontinued, I bought a few for future use. 

nma

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 11:35:09 pm »

Niel and Wayne,

Thanks for your response. I had forgotten Andy Biggs' post. And I was completely unaware of the Pina Zangaro options.

-nma
Pages: [1]   Go Up