Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Advanced Guide LR4  (Read 47732 times)

reyn_two

Re: Advanced Guide LR4
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2012, 11:38:38 am »

Not sure what your question means, but the videos are based on the release version.

Michael

Just making sure all the new features of the release version have been incorporated in the videos, and hoping it's more responsive then my beta copy, I think I must have the over 65's version.
Please take both posts in the light hearted way they are intended and don't chastise me, my nerves won't take it.
Frank

Etrsi_645

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2012, 12:23:37 pm »

I'm in on V4 video; I can't believe soft proofing is this easy now (though I do have a few minor points to digest)..
Pentax K-5 with lenses: DA* 16-50 f/2.8,

Robert-Peter Westphal

• Nature-Photography Westphal
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2012, 01:01:27 pm »

Just making sure all the new features of the release version have been incorporated in the videos, and hoping it's more responsive then my beta copy, I think I must have the over 65's version.
Please take both posts in the light hearted way they are intended and don't chastise me, my nerves won't take it.
Frank

I bet that there will be some significant differences between the beta and the relase.

Otherwise it makes no sense for me that the relase of the video is postponed after / to the date of release of Lr4.

Let's have our fingers crossed that there are some features added and not removed....

'visit my completly renewed gallery at http://www.naturfotografie-westphal.com '

reyn_two

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2012, 01:51:55 pm »

I bet that there will be some significant differences between the beta and the relase.

Otherwise it makes no sense for me that the relase of the video is postponed after / to the date of release of Lr4.

Let's have our fingers crossed that there are some features added and not removed....

Over the years I have purchased all the Video Journals and most of the tutorials and I have already pre-ordered this one.
I save them to my Windows home server and play them on my Panasonic 37 inch TV using either DNLA or my Popcornhour media server - the only problem I have is not technical or quality which is excellent but finding enough free TV time to watch them on my own. (the tutorials that is, we both watch the Journals).
As for features of the release v4 I have it on excellent authority that  - we will have to wait.
Frank

Andrew Makiejewski

• Photography by Andrzej Stefan Makiejewski
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2012, 05:56:32 pm »

Oops...  I dropped the ball and forgot to pre-order the LR4 training the other day.

Dumb question, any kind of discount for LR3 training owners?

Andrew
Capture the moment.

wtlloyd

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2012, 07:49:36 pm »

Take a look at the front page "What's New" Andrew.

dwnelson

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2012, 11:25:32 am »

I'm more than halfway through the intro videos and I think they are excellent. I am new to Lightroom - I've only started fiddling around with LR4 beta - and now I am ready to migrate my 38,000+ images over to LR4. These videos are very helpful! I would never have taken the time to read the manual, but thanks to this series and the Where The Bleep Are My Images? series, I am now migrating my collection to LR with confidence. Furthermore, it helps that they are high quality, and I can rewind them any time. Michael, Jeff and Chris - nice job!

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2012, 05:49:17 pm »

So here I sit watching the 'Soft Proofing' video and Jeff is discussing setting the upsampling to 360 in the print module.  Jeff states it's just as important "...as having really good expensive power cables for an amplifier."  Micheal's expression is priceless and thanks Chris for leaving this one in there!

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2012, 06:02:02 pm »

:~)

Glad you caught that...when we taped that segment, the uproar from the article was still fresh in my mind. Course, in years to come, not many will understand it!

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2012, 06:13:50 pm »

:~)

Glad you caught that...when we taped that segment, the uproar from the article was still fresh in my mind. Course, in years to come, not many will understand it!
It was easier than counting the different shirts you wore in C2P&S!!!   ;-)

thebatman

« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2012, 12:13:54 pm »

Great to have the LR4 videos released so quickly - thanks Michael, Jeff and Chris!

Chris, BTW, the videos seem to have a very 3D / narrow DOF look to them.  Very nice from what I've seen so far.  What camera(s) did you shoot with?

-Ken

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2012, 03:11:36 pm »

What camera(s) did you shoot with?
the Panny AF100 X 2 and GH2 x 2 but the secret is good Leica primes borrowed from Michael. We were shooting 'available light' and the week was pretty cloudy, so I was around 2.8 the whole time. No way for that with Panny zooms.

Robert-Peter Westphal

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2012, 03:54:36 pm »

Hi Chris,

just to satisfy my curiosity :

In the Video MIchael says that this video is created in a hotel, but the background seems to looks like a kitchen ?

Are the scenes where you can see the screen directly taken from the macbooks LCD or did you take a monitor ?

Many thanks for the great videos and best wishes

Robert
'visit my completly renewed gallery at http://www.naturfotografie-westphal.com '

michael

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2012, 04:01:03 pm »

We rented a space in a hotel outside of San Miguel, called Nirvana. It was used as a massage room much of the time.

We used four cameras, plus screen captures.

Michael

Robert-Peter Westphal

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2012, 04:03:07 pm »

We rented a space in a hotel outside of San Miguel, called Nirvana. It was used as a massage room much of the time.

Michael

Hola Michael,

thanks for the fast answer !

I'm really impressed by the quality you deliver with your videos !

Best wishes

Robert

Schewe

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2012, 04:49:52 pm »

I'm really impressed by the quality you deliver with your videos !

Credit for the quality on the video and edits goes to Chris...course all three of us fiddle around with camera framing, lighting and stuff...but once we start Mike and I quit looking through the camera because, well, we spend all our time in front of the camera :~)

The one thing we had to fight was changing light. We had floor to ceiling windows usually with translucent drapes except when it was raining where we pulled the drapes. We also had some LED lights as bounce fill. We had a couple of days where the generally west facing windows caught sun/clouds where Chris had to constantly change exposure.

Mike and Chris spent a day setting up before I even got down there tweaking. In particular, Chris fine tuned the white balance to match between all 4 shooting cameras. We shot with a wider 2 shot and a closeup on the main speaker and then Chris had to reposition the over the shoulder camera when Mike & I switched.

We also spent a couple days walking around and shooting in SMA with Chris shooting us shooting. Those segments will be in the Advanced sections (I think). And of course, we did our final wrap...

stormyboy

« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2012, 04:51:13 pm »

Michael

Ha!  :)
Massage room or "massage" room?    
Advertisement for the LR4 videos could read: Filmed in a Brothel!  Advanced Techniques!

That would probably double your sales?  ;)

Tom

P.S.  I own the videos and they are terrific.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 04:54:18 pm by Thomas River »

Robert-Peter Westphal

« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2012, 05:23:45 pm »

Ha!  :)
Massage room or "massage" room?    
Advertisement for the LR4 videos could read: Filmed in a Brothel!  Advanced Techniques!

That would probably double your sales?  ;)

Tom

P.S.  I own the videos and they are terrific.

Yes, surely I'm thankful to Chris ( and Michael) for the technical quality of the episodes - and it is really increased, but the quality I was talking about is a combination of all, which includes you Jeff as well as all other influenced in tis  project !

Best wishes

Robert

AlexG

« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2012, 10:30:33 pm »

Chris,

the Panny AF100 X 2 and GH2 x 2 but the secret is good Leica primes borrowed from Michael. We were shooting 'available light' and the week was pretty cloudy, so I was around 2.8 the whole time. No way for that with Panny zooms.

Nice...but I will also add that little table top audio setup you got there...H4n + hell of a little tripod ;) Best sound so far IMHO!

Well done.

Alex

Schewe

« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2012, 10:52:51 pm »

Nice...but I will also add that little table top audio setup you got there...H4n + hell of a little tripod ;) Best sound so far IMHO!

I think for the vast majority of sound Chris got it from the close lav mics we were wearing (recorded on one of the AF10 cams...) the digital recorder is really only used as backup most of the time (although I don't know that for a fact since I don't sit over Chris' shoulder when he edits).

In addition to the 4 video sources plus the screenshots, Chris has the digital recorder and we also record sound on the Macs when we are doing screen captures (although that's only for the onboard video/audio which is used primarily to help Chris sync the audio).

In the grand scheme of things the production values we use are far more advanced than most video tutorials...and really all the credit goes to Chris keeping all this stuff together and usable (and well edited–you have no idea how well Chris does making us seem intelligent in the final cut).

We do have a lot of experience and we're pretty good at it at this stage...we've been doing this stuff for a long time and the tech keeps getting better in both video and audio quality.

That and HD delivery...which of course causes issues with delivery and fulfillment–which we do honestly regret. We wish nobody had any issues downloading but it's not a perfect art at the moment.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up