Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Editing AutopanoPro in CS4  (Read 8467 times)

LukeH

• http://
Editing AutopanoPro in CS4
« on: February 06, 2012, 03:25:57 am »

I know it might seem like a silly question, but am looking at getting autopanopro to stitch my panoramics, but would like to edit the details in cs4. Is this possible?

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Re: Editing AutopanoPro in CS4
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 03:31:00 am »

I know it might seem like a silly question, but am looking at getting autopanopro to stitch my panoramics, but would like to edit the details in cs4. Is this possible?
What do you mean by "edit the details"?

Jeremy

LukeH

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 03:33:10 am »

Just tinker with my colours/saturations/vibrance. Clean a few things up in the panoramas.

Walter_temp

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 03:59:02 am »

http://www.kolor.com/panorama-software-autopano-pro-export.html
"Export to multi-layer PSD

Autopano Pro can of course generate your panoramas in JPG or PNG, for example, but can also export to PSD, PSB or TIFF files, including layers. This creates a document containing both the stitched panorama and the individual images, so you can make any edits you want in Photoshop®."

Ciao, Walter

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 06:33:11 pm »

Just tinker with my colours/saturations/vibrance. Clean a few things up in the panoramas.
Well, APP generates a TIFF which PS can edit in the way you want, or you can fiddle with the images in CS4 before stitching (which I suspect would be a less good idea).

I think I must be failing to understand your problem: please explain.

Jeremy

LukeH

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 04:55:39 am »

It's all good thanks Jeremy I figured it out. It's always interesting to use a different editing program. I now have to improve my knowledge of the more intricate parts of the program.

Tony Jay

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 05:12:36 am »

If one has shot an HDR panorama does AutopanoPro do the HDR work as well as stitching the panorama?

Regards

Tony Jay

PS I have recently bought the head but have not had too much time to look at all the capabilities of the software so forgive me if the answer is really obvious.

Thomas Krüger

• http://thomaskrueger.eu
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 06:20:33 am »

If you need to correct stitching errors and imperfections in panorama images it's worth to try the patch tool of Pano2VR.
Tutorial: http://gardengnomesoftware.com/tutorial.php?movid=09

Tony Jay

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2012, 08:58:52 am »

I'll check it out.

Thanks

Tony Jay

RFPhotography

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2012, 09:11:55 am »

If one has shot an HDR panorama does AutopanoPro do the HDR work as well as stitching the panorama?

Regards

Tony Jay

PS I have recently bought the head but have not had too much time to look at all the capabilities of the software so forgive me if the answer is really obvious.

It claims to but I've not found the HDR functionality of APP or APG to be all that good.  I've found there are a couple of better approaches.  One, feed all the bracketed images into AP, let it stitch, output the various bracketed layers then merge those stitched layers in your HDR software of choice.  Two, do your HDR on each of the pano sections then have AP stitch the tonemapped HDR files together.  This second approach can sometimes cause some colour shifting between panels but AP tends to do a good job of blending those out.  The effect is lessened if you tonemap with a more conservative hand than if you're going for a more grunge/surreal look.

Tony Jay

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2012, 09:23:42 am »

I must confess that after trying both approaches in PS5 that doing the HDR fine-tuning first and batch processing for consistency and then stitching the panorama seems to the only way the PS will stitch an HDR panorama.

I have no idea if AutopanoPro will really cope with stitching first and then trying an HDR merge.
I will be doing the yards when I have the time though.
I have several sets of images for HDR panoramas with which I can experiment.

It is possible that I will end up doing HDR processing in PS and stitching in AutopanoPro.

Regards

Tony Jay

RFPhotography

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2012, 10:52:52 am »

I have to confess that I'm not entirely clear on what you're saying.

Are you saying that the only way PS will work for you is if you do the HDR merge on the pano sections first then have AP create the panoramic from the tonemapped HDR images?  If so, then yes that's one way to do it.

You've tried creating the panoramics using the bracketed images in AP and exporting the panoramics as separate image files (e.g., 3 panoramics each at a different exposure setting) then tried to create the HDR from those in PS?  If yes, what problem(s) are you encountering? 

Or are you saying you're having problems getting the images stitched as panoramics in PS?  If this is the issue then that's somewhat understandable.  The pano stitching in PS, while improved in CS5, still isn't as good as AP or some other dedicated pano stitching programs.  Personally, I'd abandon PS for pano stitching.

Tony Jay

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2012, 08:52:53 pm »

On several occasions I have attempted to do a merge to HDR after merging to panorama each set of identical exposures.
PS at that stage clearly does not see each panorama as identical since it refuses to do the merge to HDR.
I imagine that the individual stitching process of each panorama results in a slightly different result that explains PS's reluctance to do the merge to HDR.

Theoretically it may be possible to do either step first but in practice it appears not.

Regards

Tony Jay

RFPhotography

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2012, 07:44:32 am »

The panos probably have slightly different image dimensions.  Open each, crop to the same dimensions, save and retry the HDR. 

Tony Jay

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2012, 09:24:38 am »

I think the issue may somewhat more complicated than that.

It would appear that each panorama is stitched differently (for reasons that only PS understands) so throughout the individual panoramas there are subtle differences and not just the overall dimensions.

Regards

Tony Jay

RFPhotography

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2012, 11:16:11 am »

That shouldn't matter.  That may induce some ghosting but there can be subtle differences in single images merged in HDR Pro and PS has no problem with that.  In point of fact, you can load entirely different images into HDR Pro and it'll produce a merge just fine as long as the images are of the same dimensions.  Image content isn't a factor.

Tony Jay

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2012, 06:37:20 pm »

Thanks for the clarification.

I will revisit this in PS.
Obviously it would be better to do the merge to HDR as the latter step.

Kind Regards

Tony Jay

Sussex Landscapes

• Sussex Landscape Photography
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2012, 03:35:17 pm »

I think the issue may somewhat more complicated than that.

It would appear that each panorama is stitched differently (for reasons that only PS understands) so throughout the individual panoramas there are subtle differences and not just the overall dimensions.

Regards

Tony Jay

thats why in APP you make sure they are stitched identically. inset the letter L at the end of the file name, therfore forcing it to use indentical control / stiching points. should be in the help file, or look on there forum.
nevr had any issues stitching 0 & +1 frames of a sequence then blending using ps.

Tony Jay

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2012, 04:06:12 pm »

I am yet to use AutopanoPro for any stitching so this is a useful tip.

Thank you for the advice.

Regards

Tony Jay
Pages: [1]   Go Up