Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: why a mac...or I need a new laptop  (Read 14525 times)

W.T. Jones

• W.T. Jones LLC
Re: why a mac...or I need a new laptop
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2012, 11:08:44 am »

I think Quickbooks is relatively new to Mac.  If you use other software to write checks, not all of them in fact very few, can run on a Mac.  (eg. I use Checksoft with Quicken.  Checksoft does not run on a Mac.)  So be careful.

I can easily take a Mac Airbook into the field with me , so I can take a quick look at my images before leaving a site.  An Ipad 2 would be even easier to keep tethered while in the field.

Not for check writing that is done at the office, I use QB in the field for generating invoices at the end of a job if I am on the road. I think I will investigate Parallels Desktop (as opposed to bootcamp) and install Windows. Something I did not not realize one could do when I started this conversation. I am slowly coming out of my cave, but the light bothers my eyes!
Warren

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
Re: why a mac...or I need a new laptop
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2012, 10:38:35 pm »

I think Quickbooks is relatively new to Mac.  If you use other software to write checks, not all of them in fact very few, can run on a Mac.  (eg. I use Checksoft with Quicken.  Checksoft does not run on a Mac.)  So be careful.
Quicken been on Macs for quite a while. What they still haven't done is upgrade their software and now it won't work on Lion.

Intuit being crap.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up