Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mounting 5 x 7 art prints in bulk! Any recommendations?  (Read 1510 times)

rotipom

Mounting 5 x 7 art prints in bulk! Any recommendations?
« on: February 02, 2012, 10:51:42 pm »

Hello everyone! Excited to be a member of the forum!
I have a client who wants to order 50 pieces of 5 x 7 fine art prints mounted, frameless preferably. I was looking at Plywerk, and it's a great option but not sure that the cost works for us :(
Does anyone know of an alternative method? Preferably something that I can purchase in 5x7 sizes and won't cost too much/take too much time? They are going to be shipped in envelopes, so can't be glass which rules out any frameless glass clip versions like the ones from Framatic or MCS. I couldn't find anyone that does a frameless plexi clip version.

Thank you so much in advance!
-Amy

a.lorge

Re: Mounting 5 x 7 art prints in bulk! Any recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 11:22:11 pm »

Hi.  Artboards makes these panels with adhesive

As a less expensive option: Maybe something like these self adhesive boards and some press in saw tooth hangers
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 11:23:58 pm by a.lorge »

bill t.

• http://www.unit16.net
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 11:43:29 pm »

Or print several at a time on larger sheets of paper, mount them to some substrate like fomecore or Gator foam, and cut them out.  For instance, you could print a 3 x 3 pattern of prints on a 17 x 22, leaving about 1/4" between prints (after arranging them in Photoshop).  On the first cutout leave about a 1/8" border around the prints, then go back and do very careful trim cuts.  The sequence of gross followed by fine cuts like that will give you the cleanest possible edges.  A framer could dry mount the prints for you.

Michael H. Cothran

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 09:21:47 am »

Crescent and Bainbridge offer adhesive boards such as foamcore, in 3/16" thickness. They also have thinner, but heavier clayboards with adhesive already applied on one side. Many framing wholesale stores (assuming you have a State Sales Tax number), will sell you individual sheets (32x40).
I've done projects like this before, and can recommend gang printing & mounting rather than doing so individually.
I'd suggest gang-printing your 5x7's on whatever the largest size paper your printer can handle (13x19, 17x22, etc), then mounting that sheet onto a same size adhesive board, then cutting down to 5x7 size. Note - the 3/16" foamboard with adhesive cuts very easily with one stroke, and is super lightweight.

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 11:45:51 am »

It's also super easy if you are printing from LR to create a template for the largest size paper you print on and plop the images whether a single one of different ones into the cells and then hit print.  I've given up printing on snapshot size paper when family members want 4x6s but rather do it on a large sheet and then cut with the RotaTrim.  As noted foamboard is really easy to cut and all you need is a sharp knife and good straight edge.
Pages: [1]   Go Up