Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Exporting print job in Lightroom 3.6  (Read 2296 times)

Bill Koenig

Exporting print job in Lightroom 3.6
« on: February 01, 2012, 09:16:50 pm »

I have a large pano 42x16 that I worked in CS5. I want to sharpen in Lr and export the file back to my hard drive. I don't want any resizing.
The reason for saving the file? I print with a Epson 3800, the print is over 37.4" long, so I'm going back to WinXP (I have a duel boot setup) and print from CS3 using the User Defined Paper Size Utility to print longer.

Bill Koenig,

NikoJorj

• http://nikojorj.free.fr/
Re: Exporting print job in Lightroom 3.6
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 02:27:06 am »

And the question is how to do it? Please do.
Nicolas from Grenoble
A small gallery

Bill Koenig

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 09:54:37 am »

Thanks NikoJorj,
I must be doing something wrong. I made a preset in library mode (save to hard drive) I also checked save as original, checked standard sharping, ppi 360.
When I bring this file back into PS the size has changed as well as the ppi
Being new to Lr, I guess I'm not quite ready for this and need to take time to learn more about Lr and clime the learning curve.
So for now, its back to CS5 for sharping, as I need to move on with this project.

Bill Koenig,

Costas

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 10:21:49 am »

...... When I bring this file back into PS the size has changed as well as the ppi ...

Interesting - have the pixel dimensions of the image changed or just the print/ppi settings. If the latter you can just set those back to what you want them to be in CS5

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 10:26:48 am »

I also print panos and I have found that at least with my Epson 4880 I have buffer issues when printing panos using lightroom or photoshop. I end up using qimage, I will export it and do final print sharpening in Qimage and let it print the panos. With lightroom and photoshop I have had small chunks of data go missing and it really ruins a good print. It may have to do with the windows spooler rather than photoshop, but qimage does not have any issues with it.

Alan

Edit: Ok I see the issue you have has to do with the length of paper and that is why you are using the dual boot to use a utility that does not work with the current driver. As for my workflow I always let the print utility, either Qimage or Lightroom do final print sharpening and resizing. So I only export the native sized file with presharpening and creative sharpening applied. Then when I run the print utility I apply the output sharpening and do the resize then.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 10:32:58 am by snoleoprd »
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

Bill Koenig

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 12:13:11 pm »

Hi Alan,

I will try and make question a little more clear.
I saved a copy of the flattened master file in PS CS5 42"x16" @ 360 ppi
I imported that file as a copy to a folder in Lr. The only thing I want Lr to do is give it some capture sharpening, and then output sharpening and export it back as a tif to my print folder that's on my internal F drive. I don't want to save as a jpg, and I don't want any resizing, its already to size.
Now when I start WinXP, open CS3 and open that file and sent it off to my 3800 that's been setup with the User Defined Paper Size Utility.
Bill Koenig,

Bill Koenig

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 03:43:32 pm »

I finely have it figured out, and now Lr is doing the sharpening on my pano project. I can tell you right now that's its better than what I was doing in CS5, and I really thought I was doing good.
Bill Koenig,
Pages: [1]   Go Up