Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anybody with experience with Hasselblad 120 mark 2  (Read 7184 times)

Quentin

• Quentin on Facebook
Re: Anybody with experience with Hasselblad 120 mark 2
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2012, 01:13:16 pm »

I upgraded my HC 50 for the HC 50 II because the Mk 1 was a bit rubbish at the edges (OK, harsh, but it was not great).  The HC 50 II is soooo much better.   However I have no problems with the 120mm macro Mk 1, which is my most used lens (on a H4D-50). Sharp, accurate focus, generally a fine lens and good for portaits too. If anyone can post samples showing the difference, I'd be interested.
Quentin Bargate, ARPS, Author, Arbitrato

gazwas

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2012, 04:57:41 pm »

I upgraded my HC 50 for the HC 50 II because the Mk 1 was a bit rubbish at the edges (OK, harsh, but it was not great).  The HC 50 II is soooo much better.   However I have no problems with the 120mm macro Mk 1, which is my most used lens (on a H4D-50). Sharp, accurate focus, generally a fine lens and good for portaits too. If anyone can post samples showing the difference, I'd be interested.

I think the points David mentioned are quite specific as to it's improvements.

1) Improve resolution - Including in the Macro range!
The more Mpix the camera the more resolution needed. The difference on your 50 will probably be not that great but would be interesting to see an MTF plot.

2) Improve on / Reduce the Axial Chromatic aberration (mentioned earlier in this thread)
If you've never come across this then you probably never will as you're not shooting the sort of subjects that show this unusual flaw. I've never experienced any other lens do this be it a macro lens or regular one with extension rings.
Magenta highlights........nasty! Especially as it means more computer time/retouching.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 05:03:07 pm by gazwas »
trying to think of something meaningful........ Err?

pchong

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2012, 09:48:38 pm »

Can you please show an example of this? Am most intrigued.

2) Improve on / Reduce the Axial Chromatic aberration (mentioned earlier in this thread)
If you've never come across this then you probably never will as you're not shooting the sort of subjects that show this unusual flaw. I've never experienced any other lens do this be it a macro lens or regular one with extension rings.
Magenta highlights........nasty! Especially as it means more computer time/retouching.

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2012, 04:34:50 am »

Axial chromatic aberration results in blurred colours in front and behind the focus position due to differences in focal point by each colour.

Its different to lateral aberration which is what we are normally talking about - visible in high contrast areas towards the edge of the frame.

PDF attached to compare the Mk1 and II.

David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

henrikfoto

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2012, 05:57:53 am »

Thank you, David!

That is really impressive improvements!

Henrik

gazwas

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2012, 06:03:58 am »

Can you please show an example of this? Am most intrigued.

I don't have any examples of this myself any longer as I ended up buying a Phase One system and trashed the Blad tests I shot but I did a quick search and found pictures of the issue in Alex Koloskov's test images of the Canon 1Ds vs the H4D-50 review on his blog.

http://www.akelstudio.com/blog/hasselblad-h4d-50-against-canon-1ds-markiii-what-do-we-get-for-the-money/

Easily correctable but IMO shouldn't be there in the first place and since resolved (according to David) in the MkII.
trying to think of something meaningful........ Err?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up