Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Schnieder 60mm XL on Cambo - comment s?  (Read 1627 times)

Marlyn

Schnieder 60mm XL on Cambo - comment s?
« on: February 01, 2012, 10:06:26 am »

Context:
I'm putting together a Cambo WRS-AE system with an IQ160, and looking at lens options.

Primary use is landscape, both single shot, and stitching.  I'd like to maximise the various stitching options on this camera.
My most used landscape lens on DSLR, is 90mm TS-E

One of the issues, is Lens image circle, so I am considering  is the WDS-862,   Schneider 5.6/60 L Apo-Digitar lens,  which has a massive 120mm image circle.  with T/S Lenspannel.

Has anyone actually used this lens, on an IQ160,  especially for stitching on the cambo, and can comment on its performance, resolution, cast, etc etc.

Would appreciate any comments,  or possibly alternatives.  

Lens Kit i'm considering is:
  32 mm Rodenstock
  60mm Scheinder  (Main)
  120mm Scheider  (longer)

Regards

Mark.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 10:08:31 am by Marlyn »

Don Libby

• Iron Creek Photography
    • Iron Creek Photography
Re: Schnieder 60mm XL on Cambo - comment s?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 10:18:13 am »

Mark, I know you want to hear about experiences with an IQ160 however I have the P65+...

I've been using the same 3-lens kit now for several years with my WRS1000; 35mm, 72mm and the 120mm.  If your most used focal length was 90mm then the closest to that in MF terms would be the 120mm which has a huge amount of shifting abilities.

Good luck on your quest

Don

Guy Mancuso

• http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/index.php
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 11:03:57 am »

I have the new 60mm on my Cambo AE with TS you must be reading my gear list. LOL

Absolutely a killer lens. Just had it a short time but maybe my favorite of all time and trust me that is a freaking long time . Here are some test shots with it

Follow my posts starting at 567

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/medium-format-systems-digital-backs/29667-technical-camera-images-12.html

I lost a post here but I do have a IQ 160 with SK 35 and a SK 90 with a Alpa focusing ring on it that is a great lens but I am selling it for a bit longer lens the 120. I leave Friday for a workshop so if you have interest in it or anyone else let me know right away. Thanks

BTW I just calibrated the 90mm also it is perfect now.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 11:17:27 am by Guy Mancuso »
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showt

Marlyn

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 12:09:01 am »

Thanks,

That is what I was hoping to hear :)

Just ordered the lens with the new kit,  will see !

Regards

Mark

andyptak

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 10:26:51 am »

I'm looking at this and a couple of others too and I'm very confused. Maybe one of you experts can fill me in please?

The new crop of digital Schneiders all seem to be rated at a peak performance around f8, some of them, f11. This seems to be DSLR territory, not medium or large format Isn't this a very shallow depth of field for this type of lens? Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up