Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Double-sided Printing  (Read 1327 times)

prepper

Double-sided Printing
« on: January 31, 2012, 11:26:48 am »

What would you recommend for printing both sides of 13x19 sheets for design mockups?

Do the Epsons 3880\4880\4900 do this well or no?  Seems to be very little out there for double-sided paper.

Thanks

langier

• Celebrating Rural America, the Balkans and beyond
Re: Double-sided Printing
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 02:57:46 pm »

There's Inkpress Luster Duo. I've got a box but have been slammed with too many irons in the fire. Supposed to be able to use the Premium Luster profile for output.

I've used the Prem. Luster and then mounted back-to-back, though it's quite thick. Great for a custom-book, but if this is for a comp, it may be a little too thick.

If this is for a client proof, I simply use my 24 inch printer and then print both sides with tick marks for the folds and trim. A big sheet showing both sides with wide white margins looks great on the client's wall I've found.
Larry Angier
ASMP, ACT, & many more! @sacred_icons
https://angier-fox.photoshelter.com

Ed Foster, Jr.

• http://www.edfoster.net
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 03:42:13 pm »

What would you recommend for printing both sides of 13x19 sheets for design mockups?

Do the Epsons 3880\4880\4900 do this well or no?  Seems to be very little out there for double-sided paper.

Thanks

As you said, there are few two-sided offerings. I have found Ilford's Smooth Lustre Duo to work well for a smooth, semi-gloss type finish. Red River makes a rather economical two-sided matte paper in three weights. Their product is called Premium Matte C2S and comes in a 32#, 50# and 65#.  In the semi-gloss line, Premier makes, or at least used to make and double-sided product, but it is pricier and, IMHO, not as nice at the Ilford.

I print on the large format Epsons and need to feed the sheets individually, however, that is almost required with two-sided printing on an Inkjet, as I have found I need to send a thin sheet to protect the first printed side when feeding the paper to print on the second side. I cannot speak to the quality of any of their canned profiles, as I make my own.

Good Luck,
Ed
Ed Foster, Jr.
[url=http://www.edfoster.

Jalok

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 07:11:22 am »

I've been using two double sided papers with great success: Hahnemühle Photo Rag Duo 276g and Ilford Galerie Smooth Lustre Duo 280. I read some weeks ago that Ilford also produces a duo version of the Galerie Smooth Pearl 290g. I couldn't find it to buy, but if you do, it would be even better than the Lustre Duo. Opacity of those two papers is extraordinary.

Michael H. Cothran

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 09:12:46 am »

If you want a double-sided fine art paper, Moab Entrada does the job. It comes in either a bright white or natural white, and in two thicknesses.
Pages: [1]   Go Up