Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Pennington Line  (Read 1739 times)

William Walker

• William Walker Landscapes
The Pennington Line
« on: January 30, 2012, 02:08:07 pm »

Hi
I have not posted for a while.

Your comments are appreciated.

William
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens

Roberto Frieri

• www.robertofrieri.net
Re: The Pennington Line
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 03:07:46 pm »

Well, I think I like it, but I see a little lens flare effect near the centre of the image.

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 03:27:30 pm »

It's a really fine shot, William. I see the flare that Roberto caught, but if you expand the picture in Photoshop so you can do some very fine cloning it shouldn't be hard to remove.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

jalcocer

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 04:23:13 pm »

Love the picture, the composition just works for me, the rail on the right, the seascape on the left, the beautiful cloudy sky, what I can't identify is far away, where the rail road gets lost, is that fog? or is it an effect of the sun light?

Really nice picture, really liked it.

William Walker

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 12:44:22 am »

I see a little lens flare effect near the centre of the image.

Thanks for the feedback. I did see the flare but it did not bother me too much.

This question is asked more out of ignorance than "defensiveness": how big a deal is the flare? Is it considered a definite "no-no"? As I said, it does not really bother me, but if it is considered to be a major technical flaw, it is easy enough to get rid of like Russ said.

I'd be interested to know....

William

PS: The light on the right is a bit of both - there was quite a bit of what I thought was "sea spray".
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 12:48:39 am by W. Walker »
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens

Roberto Frieri

• www.robertofrieri.net
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 03:54:24 am »

Thanks for the feedback. I did see the flare but it did not bother me too much.
This question is asked more out of ignorance than "defensiveness": how big a deal is the flare? Is it considered a definite "no-no"? As I said, it does not really bother me, but if it is considered to be a major technical flaw, it is easy enough to get rid of like Russ said.
I'd be interested to know....
William
PS: The light on the right is a bit of both - there was quite a bit of what I thought was "sea spray".
Hope to say it well in english...
I look the railway and than move my eyes to the centre, but I stop at the flare.
So I caught the flare quite immediatly.
I think that I would remove the effect, if possible.
However, I know that it may happen using a wide-angle lens, even with a lens hood on it.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 03:50:08 pm by Roberto Frieri »

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 10:55:39 am »

This question is asked more out of ignorance than "defensiveness": how big a deal is the flare? Is it considered a definite "no-no"?

I think the answer is: "It depends." There are situations where a lens flare is normal, even desirable -- usually only when there's heavy backlighting. Which is the reason Photoshop gives you a way to fake one. But I agree with Roberto that your eye pretty much jumps to the flare. That might not matter, but it takes your eye away from the much more interesting stuff going on back there on the right. On balance I think I'd take this one out.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

William Walker

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 01:14:10 pm »

Thanks guys! I will remove the flare. :)

William
Pages: [1]   Go Up