Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 Profikes  (Read 1112 times)

hjsesq

Z3100 Profikes
« on: January 29, 2012, 06:27:37 pm »

How do I get rid of old custom profiles I have created.  Also, if I use HP paper, should I create custom profiles or use the ones that HP provides.
Thanks,
harris
Harris J Sklar

Ernst Dinkla

Re: Z3100 Profikes
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 03:10:01 am »

HP's included Color Center profile creation on the Z3100 is not as good as the optional APS software. Color Center on the Z3200 is equal if not better than APS on the Z3200 and better than both on the Z3100. Use the HP media presets and HP profiles for the OEM papers on the Z3100. However HP Smooth Fine Art is HM Photorag, HP Textured Fine Art is HM William Turner. Use Color Center for a third party paper. HP delivers good documents how to integrate third party papers on the Zs. Check SpectrumViz which papers resemble HP papers in paper white.

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst
Shareware too:
330+ paper white spectral plots:
http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm

Rocco Penny

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 12:33:40 pm »

HP's included Color Center profile creation on the Z3100 is not as good as the optional APS software. Color Center on the Z3200 is equal if not better than APS on the Z3200 and better than both on the Z3100. Use the HP media presets and HP profiles for the OEM papers on the Z3100. However HP Smooth Fine Art is HM Photorag, HP Textured Fine Art is HM William Turner. Use Color Center for a third party paper. HP delivers good documents how to integrate third party papers on the Zs. Check SpectrumViz which papers resemble HP papers in paper white.

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst
Shareware too:
330+ paper white spectral plots:
http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm

I wondered why I was getting such really great results using 310 wturner and the fine art setting
Just beautiful for art prints and the way I photograph.
Big blocky colors and fine detail both just look delicate.
You wouldn't think, but fine white gradations are very good, easy to see texture and color in clouds/fog etc.
Then,
printing fine art repro per my own nef is really fun.
I can compare mine to Dali's ::)
seriously good results for both foto & f/a for a beginner.

Rocco Penny

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 12:44:14 pm »

Oh, and to answer,
get to wherever your profiles are stored and
delete them... program filesx86<hp3100<system 32 on mine, probably different on yours
then if you have legacy settings on your apps, redirect those,
then if you have some issue with what is on your printer hdd i think you can get at them via colorcenter.
Delete profiles tab somewhere?
I never needed to do that on mine so don't know,
But,
for sure it is there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up