Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Matte Paper for Z3100  (Read 1960 times)

hjsesq

Matte Paper for Z3100
« on: January 29, 2012, 12:50:20 pm »

Looking for recommendations of a medium weight matte paper good for both b & w and color with Z3100.

Thanks,

Harris
Harris J Sklar

chichornio

Re: Matte Paper for Z3100
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 02:14:31 pm »

I own z32OO and I´ve gotten beatifull output from the HP Hahnemuhle Fine Art Paper (265grs.). Also the Canson Rag Photographique (read 310grs. but I think is less) is good as well, if you do your own profile (ink at 80% maximum).

hjsesq

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 06:23:37 pm »

Hi chichornio,  Have you used the HP for both color and b&w.  If so it may be the ideal paper I am looking for.  Don't do a lot of printing and am looking for something both version and gives a good result in both color and b&w.  Have been using Nik to convert to b& w and getting great results.
Thanks,
Harris
Harris J Sklar

chichornio

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 08:40:51 pm »

Hi chichornio,  Have you used the HP for both color and b&w.  If so it may be the ideal paper I am looking for.  Don't do a lot of printing and am looking for something both version and gives a good result in both color and b&w.  Have been using Nik to convert to b& w and getting great results.
Thanks,
Harris

Mainly color. Not so much in black and white. For b&w I always use Canson Platine Fibre Rag (not matte, but superlative in b&w). All my b&w convertions are done in LR4.

artobest

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 05:54:39 am »

Love Canson Platine, but there are bronzing issues with the Z3200.

Another matte paper that gives great results on this machine is Moab Entrada. I like Innova Smooth Cotton Natural too - the Z's grayscale function gives better dMax than the OEM profile for b&w, but you may need a linearising curve if there are subtle gradients.

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 04:15:56 am »

For a cheap, non-rag and heavy matte paper; HP Matte Litho-Realistic 270 gsm. Proofs and for customers with smaller budgets. The inks tested well on that paper with Wilhelm and in some weeks Aardenburg will have 30 Megalux hours for both ink and paper white. On the last I am not sure whether it holds. I would love to see a dual sided version of it on roll and a below 200 gsm weight.

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst
Shareware too:
330+ paper white spectral plots:
http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm

hjsesq

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 12:02:46 pm »

Have uses the HP Litho Realistic in the past and I agree with you that is is a good and inexpensive paper, but only for b & w.  I have been looking for a good 270 gsm paper for both b & w as well as color.  Not familiar with Aardenberg but will keep try and find it when it comes out.  Please let me know if you get a chance to use it and how you like it.

Harris
Harris J Sklar

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 02:42:12 am »

Have uses the HP Litho Realistic in the past and I agree with you that is is a good and inexpensive paper, but only for b & w.  I have been looking for a good 270 gsm paper for both b & w as well as color.  Not familiar with Aardenberg but will keep try and find it when it comes out.  Please let me know if you get a chance to use it and how you like it.

Harris

It is a warm paper (no OBAs) and the Dmax + gamut is not at the level of say Photorag but I do not make that distinction between color and B&W prints.

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst
Shareware too:
330+ paper white spectral plots:
http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm

MonsterBaby

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 03:45:57 am »

i agree to the above MOAB entrada.. not too expensive either.
and of course any kind of the PhotoRag is brilliant... and a little whiter, too

Damir

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 04:56:31 am »

One more vote for Matte Litho - it is great paper for colour and B&W, only if I need some extra strong colour I turn to some other paper, Litho is just beautiful for 90% of work.

LenR

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 02:26:39 pm »

Try Sihl 3335 for an inexpensive (we don't like "cheap") paper. 

Not a "fine art" product but a 42"x100' roll costs around $50.00 and goes a long way for those "Price sensitive" jobs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up