Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR4 web module  (Read 8302 times)

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Re: LR4 web module
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2012, 02:22:18 am »

You'll love how easy it is with CSS - though it sounds like you're still modifying the output files. Sean's talking about how to hack the underlying Lightroom HTML Gallery. It depends how much you want to get your hands dirty.

See http://www.w3schools.com/css/ for a good step by step CSS tutorial.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 06:08:07 am by johnbeardy »

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2012, 06:03:59 am »

To show you the CSS, assuming your background file is called "bg.jpg" and is in the root folder next to index.html, look for the "body" in a file called "custom.css" and add these bits:

body {
  background-color: #666666 !important;
  background-image: url(../bg.jpg);
  background-repeat:repeat;
}

Also look at that tutorial for other options for background-repeat.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 06:08:45 am by johnbeardy »

Remo Nonaz

• Photography By Homer Shannnon
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2012, 08:44:56 am »

Have you looked at the Jeffrey Friedl plug-ins? http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies I have been experimenting with the Picasa plug-in for the Lightroom 4 beta and it is very sophisticated. And, it works flawlessly.

I don't know exactly what you are looking to do with your web management, but I suspect Jeffrey has something that will work for you. He's developed a prodigious number of tools.
I really enjoy using old primes on my m4/3 camera. There's something about having to choose your aperture and actually focusing your camera that makes it so much more like... like... PHOTOGRAPHY!

Marty Tannahill

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2012, 12:50:16 pm »

Thanks for the suggestions. Ta da!!! I am now able to have a consistent background on all of my site pages. I used css on the LR gallery pages and yes John, I only needed to do this once. One thing I did discover is that if I change pictures in a gallery I need to re-add the css. As well, it leaves the old pictures on the server which have to be removed seperately. A small price to pay at this time as I do not regularly change these images. I still wish that LR would give the option to include the background of your choice.
I appreciate the help on this one.
Marty

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2012, 04:21:27 pm »

Hey Marty - good to see you on the forums here. They are very helpful as you have found doug first hand. And I've learned something too - bonus! I will be doing the same  t my backgrounds.

I've always wondered why LR has not adopted more of a "Publish"-style of web galleries where the app keeps track of what photos have already been uploaded so it doesn't keep using up bandwidth and time uploading the same unaltered photos with the one or two that have been tweaked.
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up