Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot get yellow on Canson Rag Photographique  (Read 1454 times)

chichornio

Cannot get yellow on Canson Rag Photographique
« on: January 27, 2012, 11:59:24 am »

I´m using a HP z3200ps 44". When I calibrate the paper to make a custom icc profile, the yellow in the chart turns orange. I´ve tried using the canned icc profile that Canson provides (the same as HP Hahnemuhle Smooth Fine Art), and it happens the same. Anything wrong with my printer?

Randy Carone

Re: Cannot get yellow on Canson Rag Photographique
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 01:41:32 pm »

Is your nozzle check printing yellow?
Randy Carone

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 01:58:24 pm »

Is the cailbration target you should print first also showing orange instead of yellow?
If so if you print a large area of yellow (profiles off, printer manages color) is there orange too but gradually yellow appearing again?
If that is the case you have ink from the other head half getting into the yellow head side, that can happen externally (on the maintenance station) or in the head itself, a broken membrane.

If not, printing a profiling target through HP Color Center on Windows or Mac?

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst
Try: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/

chichornio

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 02:49:52 pm »

It seems to me that there is a icc profile or paper issue (maybe both with some printer issue). I printed the same image in RC paper and works ok. The yellow it´s the picture. But I can´t get a proper profile out of the Canson Photo Rag. I did as I usually do: calibrate the paper, and then create a custom icc profile from Color Center. The yellow on the target is absent. Then when I checked the profile in the ColorSync Utility, the icc profile looks VERY narrow. I´m working under Mac OS 10.6

chichornio

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 03:38:27 pm »

Problem solved! It was the print head. Looks like it was mixing magenta and yellow at the same time. Fortunately, I have a new one in my office, and now the printer it´s printing yellow in the matte paper. The print head I´d replaced was out of warranty, and inyected 860ml of ink.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up