Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: every thing matters  (Read 875 times)

petermarrek

every thing matters
« on: January 27, 2012, 11:19:45 am »

I read the essay with great interest and fully agree with all the points made. I have been chasing megapixels for a few years now, as a retired working photographer with a history of 8x10, 4x10 and 4x5 film cameras to running a Ciba lab where we regularily made prints up to 18x44 feet, I think that I am a reasonably competent judge of a quality print. With the demise of film and processing availability, I waited for digital to become acceptable to me and finally purchased a D2x mostly because of legacy lenses and it seemed to be similar in quality to prints from a 6x7 Pentax/Velvia combo. Since then I have aquired a Z3100/44 and my Nikon kit has expanded to a d3x  and 4 zooms, 12-24, 28-70, 70-200, & 200-400, all considered to be pretty good lenses. Just recently I added a H3d-39 and 5 H lenses , the big question for me is what to shoot with what camera. The Nikon is extremely versatile with the 4 zooms, the H3 is much more limited because of the lenses. Physically I don't mind using ,either system, body for body they are similar in size and weight, potencially higher print quality vs known good quality is a constant dilemma. I wonder how Michael and others like Mark decide what to take, the NEX7 or IQ180? Any comments will be appreciated. By the way, I know the differences and how to use each system, thend result ( a print) is what matters to me. Peteri
Pages: [1]   Go Up