Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deardorff FS- toe in the water  (Read 1270 times)

Gigi

• some work
Deardorff FS- toe in the water
« on: January 27, 2012, 08:00:48 am »

4x5 Deardorff Special - an interesting  special (sn. 538 I think), comes with a 5x7 GG holder which is close to brand new, and a second 4x5 back. There are 4 lens boards, including a recessed one, and a special machined one which can hold a nice newer lens. I was told the bellows had some leaks, but these can be found new. Its other cool feature is the complete velvet lined carrying case with very fine period vinyl outside. Totally cool. Camera is in good shape, all there, works well and looks fine. Its not immaculate but presents well.

Its a heck of a package - I paid $1200, and would like it to find a home for $1k obo. If anyone is interested, send a PM, and I'll forward some better shots. Of course, willling trade for a 400 f.56 Canon L lens (for photographing birds), but that's a long shot!

Geoff
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 10:42:54 pm by Geoffreyg »
Geoff

Gigi

• some work
Re: Deardorff FS- toe in the water
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 08:02:09 am »

additional shots - apologies for their "informal" quality. Lens is not included.
Geoff

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 11:41:42 am »

I was with Geoff when at the Camera store he succumbed to this beauty on the shelf there and have seen it first hand. It really is a fine kit, and apparently the recessed lens plates are hard to find as is the nicely built box.   Geoff sorry, I might have been more of an enabler instead of providing words of restraint.   Now I just have to find my own restraint as this is kind of tempting especially at your price!
Rolleiflex USA

Gigi

• some work
new photos
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 12:44:00 pm »

better photos added
Geoff

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 01:07:30 pm »

Geoff,
Just curious - do you know if you can fit your (or more importantly my)  AFi-ii 7 back to this beauty using Leaf's graflok adapter?  See middle of the page here:http://www.mamiyaleaf.com/products_accessories.asp
I guess a sliding stitching back from kapture group (or one of the cheap ebay ones) might be cool too!
Eric
Rolleiflex USA

Gigi

• some work
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 05:10:23 pm »

Eric -

I think so, but am not totally sure. Its a question if the graflok mount fits on the Deardorff. Would need some better knowledge. I have a Horseman 612 graflok back which I will try. Here's a shot of the rear of the camera, tho.

Geoff
Geoff

Gigi

• some work
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 09:40:26 am »

SOLD
Geoff
Pages: [1]   Go Up