Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 77   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 7900 from the inside - out  (Read 1092978 times)

Some Guy

Re: Epson 7900 from the inside - out
« Reply #1460 on: October 15, 2014, 09:24:11 pm »

Just a thought, if it were an air leak, wouldn't the pump be running a lot more than normal?  Maybe continuously if bad enough?

I think Epson has some pressure sensor on the air line to keep the tanks and head pressurized and it should be triggering the pump if the line pressure is low, or the pressure sensor is bad.

Local shop had theirs go bad and it did clog the nozzles, but they also had to change out some controller board, pump, and print head to the tune of $2,200 with labor.  They scraped it instead and upscaled to the 9900, but it too had some issues as well and has been down 3 months.

Epson really needs to make these machines more service and user friendly with regards to head replacements like Canon, imho.

SG

fetish

« Reply #1461 on: October 16, 2014, 07:21:21 am »

How do you do this exactly? Are you saying to tape around near where the cart plugs in to the nozzle? How can you do this with the other carts in? Could you be a bit more clear...I want to try this....

You see the seam that runs down the middle of the cartridge that splits the cart in two? Tape up that seam. Just be more careful to avoid the chip, the ink port and the plastic identification keys.

Secondary action: release the head and move it to the middle of the printer, use a torch to inspect the ink lines around it to see if there are signs of ink leakages. Sometimes one of the ink line is not plugged in tight enough and the leak will cause air to build up in the head.

datro

« Reply #1462 on: October 16, 2014, 03:40:11 pm »

What do you guys think.

It is hard to see in your photograph, but I think I see deflected nozzles (small curved vertical lines of ink in the missing color just to the right of the left and right sides of the empty pattern). You may need to look at the pattern under magnification to see this.

Based on my experience you have a failed head, not a clog.  You have 2 key indicators:  1) a continuous block of missing nozzles that gets larger with more attempts to clear it, 2) deflected nozzles with "delayed" firing.

I had pretty much the same thing happen on my 5 1/2 year old 7900 in the Green channel.  Up until that point, I had never had a missing nozzle which could not be easily cleared.  I installed a new Ink Selector (all five dampers) which did not fix it.  A 72 hour soak with PeizoFlush fluid in the Green channel did not clear it.  I installed a new head (did all the recommended adjustments) and now have a perfectly functioning system again.  Note:  If you do replace your head, and if you build your own profiles, I highly recommend re-profiling all your papers.  Replacing a head can actually change color characteristics in the same way that changing media settings might.

Dave

canvas_john

« Reply #1463 on: November 15, 2014, 09:18:54 pm »

Great post - many thanks - I have managed to find most resources needed to "repair" my 7900 however I am struggling to find Servprog.exe anywhere, can anyone please help?

audiodoc

« Reply #1464 on: November 20, 2014, 04:18:20 pm »

I have gone to the website-Epson Insider-and I don't see it anywhere.Not sure if it's bundled with anything else.All I see are net utilities.Anyone have any suggestions?

MJR

cybis

• http://www.lucbusquin.com
« Reply #1465 on: November 20, 2014, 06:22:58 pm »

The program is under Windows XP or Vista only:
Epson Insider > support >technical information > Ink Jet Printers > Epson Stylus Pro 9900 > Downloads > Windows XP > Service Program

audiodoc

« Reply #1466 on: November 20, 2014, 10:05:22 pm »

I don't see it for the 7890,just the 7900.Any ideas?Not listed in the drop down.

Mike

cybis

• http://www.lucbusquin.com
« Reply #1467 on: November 20, 2014, 10:11:37 pm »

I *think* the same program is used for the x700, x710, x890, x900, x908, x910 series printer. Grab it from the 7900 and it should work for your 7890.

audiodoc

« Reply #1468 on: November 21, 2014, 01:01:48 am »

7890.9890 not listed nor is the 4900.I'm still looking though.
7900,9900,7700,9700 are listed.

Mike

jferrari

« Reply #1469 on: November 21, 2014, 11:46:23 pm »

The filename is: epson13816.exe. It appears under several different models and operating systems. I just went there and got it yesterday.     - Jim
Nothing changes until something changes.

audiodoc

« Reply #1470 on: November 22, 2014, 10:27:03 am »

Did you see one for the 7890?The one I have ,it is not listed in the drop down.Could be different versions of it.

Mike

canvas_john

« Reply #1471 on: November 22, 2014, 08:09:22 pm »

Thats great - many thanks

Figo-Photo

« Reply #1472 on: November 25, 2014, 10:11:38 am »

Hi everybody.

I would like to start by thank everyone for sharing informations about EPSON print head problems.

Here is the problem I faced yesterday. My 9900 has been turned off for 1 month. The last time I printed, everything was fine.
Yesterday I turned it on and let it make its self cleaning. I made a nozzle check just after.

My LLK was partially printed...   :-[

After few cleanings, I decided to dismount the print head to manually clean it with warm distilled water.
I started to dive the print head in 1cm of distilled water, and gently shaked it. I changed the dirty water twice.
When the water was no more dirty, I took a syringe and really gently aspired from the LLK whole behind the print head, until the liquid was pretty clean.
I thought it was not too much to do that with all colors, so I aspired from all color wholes.

Finally, I put the print head on a paper towels and I really gently push some air with the syringe in each color whole to help drying it.
Then I put it back in my 9900.

I turned on my 9900 in Maintenance mode (left+down+right). When it was in "ready" state, I wanted to print a test image and I realized that "Matte black" was selected while it was PHoto black before... So I switched to Photo black and it started by a self cleaning...

The self cleaning took a very unusual long time and ended with an error message saying it was not able to.... end the cleaning.
the 9900 asked for retry or continue. I pushed "continue" then it started to switch to Photo black.

After switching finished, I checked my waste ink tank... It was totally empty !! No ink went through the print head nor during the switch neither during the self cleaning.

I tried to print a pic, and the printer left me a beautiful white paper !!

I disassembled a second time to check electrical connections. Everything was well connected, with no inversion...

Then I tried to send the print head serial number through servprog, which has been well sent, but nothing changed. Still white paper when printing.

My print head had been replace last year... But I admit I don't print everyday... It happens that the plotter stays switched off for 2 or 3 weeks.

Did I forget a step ? Do I do something I shouldn't have done ?

Thanks in advance for your help, and I hope I didn't kill my print head !

framah

« Reply #1473 on: November 25, 2014, 12:21:46 pm »

Seriously?? You couldn't think of ANY other name to post with? ::)

"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."

audiodoc

« Reply #1474 on: November 25, 2014, 01:40:11 pm »

Really-so degrading-Let's stay on a higher plane than that.
Mike

Figo-Photo

« Reply #1475 on: November 25, 2014, 01:50:01 pm »

I apology, I didn't expect to hurt anybody.

Here is the explanation I sent to administrators:

I changed my nickname, no problem ;)

But may I ask you to explain me what is the deep meaning for US people ?
I know that "nigga" comes from "nigger", and I know it was a real bad racial meaning a long time ago, in France too.
But nowadays in France, it is nor a way to claim to be a black people (strengthening the idea not being white people) neither a way to say I feel like my ancestors, still persecuted by white people...

The only reason I used this nickname is because in France, english words sound good when you say it, we like to use english.
It is just for the style ;)

Friendly,
Philippe.

audiodoc

« Reply #1476 on: November 25, 2014, 03:49:49 pm »

Until we choose to rise above the past-we will be stuck in the past.It's a derogatory term and really has no place in a civilized society.Being a professional black man,I was taken aback that you would use such a name in your email.I can't change how u feel about yourself-but to me and possibly countless other-it's very offensive.Rise above it!
Dr.Redus

deanwork

« Reply #1477 on: November 26, 2014, 02:25:43 am »

Unfortunately the new Epson print heads have a built in iris scanner that automatically scans the eyes of whoever removes the print head. If an authorized Epson tech removes it the head it behaves normally when reinserted. If a non-authorized person removes the head then it no longer is functional, therefore the printer becomes worthless. That's why I don't work on Epson printheads any longer. I'm just not qualified.

john 

Figo-Photo

« Reply #1478 on: November 27, 2014, 09:02:19 am »

:)

Four by Six

« Reply #1479 on: January 13, 2015, 07:38:17 am »

Hi, another 4900 problem here...

After several years of perfect performance with no issues, my printhead went out all within one day, first the cyan channel, then everything but magenta and yellow, and then nothing on paper at all. I took it apart and cleaned everything. Laying the printhead on a microfiber cloth leave a rainbow of all the colors, so it appears ink is flowing. I cleaned it anyway. I didn't notice anything unusual anywhere. Put it all back together, and still nothing.

I know it sounds like the printhead, but I was assuming only individual dots or channels would go out as the printhead aged. I find it hard to believe the entire printhead died at once. Bad timing too, as I just replaced all the ink cartridges just a few months ago.

Can anyone think of anything that might cause everything to go out at once, within 24 hours? Maybe a power supply that feeds the printhead? I hate to pay big bucks for a new printhead and then find that wasn't the problem.

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can provide.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 77   Go Up