Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The San Joaquin Valley from Moro Rock, Sunset w/pollution  (Read 1205 times)

Mjollnir

The San Joaquin Valley from Moro Rock, Sunset w/pollution
« on: January 26, 2012, 04:44:19 pm »

Before the very recent rains, the air pollution in CA's central valley was as bad as I'd ever seen it, esp. in the southern part, where the prevailing winds end up.

I'm pretty sure this was my first shot ever using legacy glass.  A Minolta Rokkor X MD 135mm 2.8 on a GH2.  FINALLY got my computer back up and running so I can process RAW.

What struck me after PP was that not only are spots of sunlight visible on the surface of the layer of bad air/pollution, but so is the far west side of the valley, the Temblor Range, IIRC.  That may be Black Peak pointing up in the distance.

Not sure what to make of legacy glass yet, due to the fact that what I've got doesn't quiiiiiiite have the contrasty-ness that native lenses have, but there is definitely potential.

pano crop from Moro Rock by tanngrisnir3, on Flickr
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 10:21:41 am by Mjollnir »

Kerry L

Re: The San Joaquin Valley from Moro Rock, Sunset w/pollution
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 07:05:08 pm »

This is nice. I like the fact that each mountain is a different shade and nicely balance. Without your explanation, I thought it was a misty lake.

Personally, I would have spotted out the headlights or yard light in the lower left. First glance, I thought that my monitor was missing a pixel.
"Try and let your mind see more than you

Heinz

Re: The San Joaquin Valley from Moro Rock, Sunset w/pollution
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 11:10:47 am »

I like the layered effect and the sunset, it creates a nice warm fuzzy feeling. Wish I was there. Bottom left, there is a distracting light and I feel that the image is a little heavy on the RHS with the size of the black forground. But overall I like the pic.
Pages: [1]   Go Up