Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Misty Morning  (Read 1755 times)

Heinz

Misty Morning
« on: January 26, 2012, 02:37:10 pm »

Any thoughts on the tonal range and contrast in this image?

sdwilsonsct

Re: Misty Morning
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 11:58:33 am »

Any thoughts on the tonal range and contrast in this image?

No. But I wish I had taken this.
Scott

popnfresh

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 12:05:04 pm »

The tonal range is pretty good. Not much in the way of blocked highlights or empty shadows. Overall I think the contrast might be a tad hard, but it's a minor quibble.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 12:58:43 pm »

Since you asked specifically about tonal range and contrast, then I'd say your blacks are too black for a misty atmosphere. I also see artifacts of the clarity slider pushed a bit too much. The contrast in the lower part of the image appears to be higher than in the upper part too.

mjrichardson

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 01:23:35 pm »

Hi

To me, the image feels a little disjointed, like the bottom right is from another picture entirely, I think you've tried to increase the contrast there when it probably wasn't necessary for the image as a whole.

I really like the centre strip, I'd probably lose the top and the bottom and leave a more accurate representation of that misty morning feel, I don't think it needs lots of tonal range and contrast.

I'd be interested in seeing a simpler version if you have one, the composition is really nice.

Mat

jalcocer

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 01:31:40 pm »

For me it is a really nice image, maybe just need a little less contrast, but the tones look good to me, just my thoughts.

Heinz

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 10:56:41 am »

Thank you for all the input. I will pull back a bit on the contrast a bit, infact, it is pushed quite high in my camera settings, will dial it down a couple of notches. Cheers.

hjulenissen

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 12:06:44 pm »

I like the scene a lot, but I think that blacks seem a little clipped, and that the trees in the lower right seem a little artificial.

I wish I had the time and stamina to find such scenes myself.

-h
Pages: [1]   Go Up