Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR3 crashes in Develop module with specific photo only  (Read 1017 times)

Remko

LR3 crashes in Develop module with specific photo only
« on: January 26, 2012, 01:07:47 pm »

I was working on a photo in the Develop module re-fining a mask. Suddenly LR3 crashed. Every time I tried to re-start LR it crahsed again.
So I re-booted my system from an external disk and used DiskWarrior to rebuild the structure of my HD and ran permissions. Then re-started my Mac again, but to no avail.

I then, when LR started up, clicked as fast as I could on the Library module and then all was fine.

But every time I "open" that very same photo in the Develop Module on which LR crashed, LR crashes again. It does not crash with other photos in the Develop module.

Any suggestions what to do?

I am on a iMac 3.4 GHz, 16 GB memory, SSD for the OS and the applications. The photos and the LR catalog are on a thunderbolt Pegasus R6. OS: Lion 10.7.2
All updates for LR and my Mac are installed.

Regards,
Remko

Robert55

Re: LR3 crashes in Develop module with specific photo only
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 02:58:00 am »

Some small corruption in the file?
Two things to try:
- if the image is still on card, download again, maybe even using a [different] cardreader and using not LR but the OS.
- try to open with another software application

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 09:39:36 am »

Also, please try clearing your "Camera Raw cache".  This can be done via the Preferences -> File Handling section.  There is a button at the bottom of that dialog box named "Purge Cache."  Try clicking that, then try visiting this picture again.
Eric Chan

Remko

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 12:19:18 pm »

Thanks for your help, Robert and Eric!

I can open the very same file via Bridge into ACR of PS CS5 and all is fine. The state of the NEF is the same as *before* I was refining the mask in LR. But as I had not saved the meta data to the file yet in LR, that is as it should be.

So I guess the info in the database in LR for this specific file is corrupt.

I purged the cache as you suggested, but unfortunately to no avail.

Maybe the best way to proceed is to accept the loss of an hour work on refining the mask, delete the file from LR and then re-import into LR? What do you think?

Regards,
Remko
Pages: [1]   Go Up