Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Appeal for Camera Raw 7 beta, limited duration, for CS5  (Read 2673 times)

Ralph Eisenberg

Appeal for Camera Raw 7 beta, limited duration, for CS5
« on: January 25, 2012, 11:16:31 am »

For me to get the most out of the Lightroom 4 beta, it would be a tremendous help to be able to take a file from the Develop module and open it in CS5 as a smart object, preserving the possibility to tweak it subsequently in Camera Raw. It would be nice to have a time-limited beta version of Camera Raw 7 that functioned in CS5. I'm sure that this request has been made elsewhere, but at the risk of repetition, I wished to voice it anyway.

There is much to like in the Lightroom 4 beta. Soft proofing is great. Would be nice to have the option of Curves functioning in the usual way as it does in Camera Raw 6 and PS.
Ralph

Richowens

Re: Appeal for Camera Raw 7 beta, limited duration, for CS5
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 11:41:08 am »

Ralph,

Please expand on the curves comment.
 You have parametric, rgb point, red point, green point, and blue point curves available.

Rich

AFairley

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 01:09:05 pm »

What I have been told is that the code of ACR is so tightly integrated with Photoshop, that you cannot just make major revisions to ACR (such as the change to ACR 7 will be) and have it run under older PS version.  So never gonna happen without a concurrent PS CS6 beta.

Ralph Eisenberg

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 03:52:30 pm »

A concurrent CS6 beta seems like a great idea!
Ralph

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 03:55:31 pm »

It would be nice to have a time-limited beta version of Camera Raw 7 that functioned in CS5.

Ain't gonna happen. You'll just have to wait till Photoshop CS6 and ACR 7 ships...which according to Adobe will be "sometime" this spring. (This was announced last summer by the CEO).
Pages: [1]   Go Up