Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to print to Epson 9900..offline  (Read 1508 times)

aebolzan

• agustinbolzan
How to print to Epson 9900..offline
« on: January 24, 2012, 09:50:59 am »

My custom lab has recently installed a new Epson 9900. Till now, I used to print my images as jpg (60x40 cm, 330 dpi, sRGB) and send to the lab, but now I would like to "print" to the 9900. In the print module there is only the option of printing to a jpg file or to a printer that is installed in the system, not to a printer that is in the custom lab. I see no chance to print "offline". How should I proceed in order to obtain the best output of my images using the Epson 9900 of my custom lab?

Agustin

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
Re: How to print to Epson 9900..offline
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 10:06:02 am »

The "Print to jpeg" option in LR Print module is essentially the same as printing to a printer in that you can still specify:
  • File Resolution: typically 360 for Epson printers;
  • Print Sharpening: typically Standard unless you know something else is needed for the file being sent;
  • Media Type: typically Glossy for everything except true matte paper; and, perhaps most importantly...
  • Color Management: Check with your service provider for the colour space and paper profile. If you know what paper they are using, then you can download the profile for that printer.
then "Print to File" and send it to them.
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up